Single step mode

Is there someway to run a script by single stepping it? I would like to test my scripts line by line instead of just running it and see if it works. I know you can turn the debugging thing on but I cant see what line is executing unless I hover the mouse over the tray icon. Which doesnt work for me because my scripts involve mouse clicks. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I don't think that such debugging funcs exist for autoit until yet. But you should know how far your script is gone , cause you can see the mouseclicks btw. results of them.

You can also write the states after every step into a log.txt. :D

PS.: Normally a good error handling just tells you where the error occured.

Just a thought.

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Thanks for the help. I downloaded SciTE and already I like using it much better than the crap M$ ships with Windows. Somewhat confused about the tracelines...but the AURecorder really helps a lot. Less error prone than using the Info window and writing down coordinates and what not. Out of curiosity, is there any plans to add a single-step debugging function in the future?