Movement Tracker

MikeFez

The light beam example is going great. It turns out it was a bit simpler than I thought. The only thing I need to do now is get this last function down but I must be brain dead or something... All those hours of math have fried my brain! If any of you can help out, my topic is here: Reflecting a point across any line

Edited by erifash

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it! You can now move around both the start and end points of the light beam. Here is the new example:

light_better.au3

EDIT: Updated. Added colors and the beam will work either way now.

Edited by erifash

Too bad I dont have a camera. Also how does it decide where to search for the colors, because it just started at the top left of my screen, and found the first white and then the first black as those were the colors I picked.

Also I have a laptop which the screen resolution is at 1280x800. So may want to add more options.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Too bad I dont have a camera. Also how does it decide where to search for the colors, because it just started at the top left of my screen, and found the first white and then the first black as those were the colors I picked.

Also I have a laptop which the screen resolution is at 1280x800. So may want to add more options.

JS

Hey guys, i'm back. As I said before, you can select any resolution (that was the word... lol I couldnt remember) because I didnt finish it... they all do the same thing, and in the next update that part will be removed... Also I reccomend not choosing any color close to white or black, try to pick odd colors that arent in your room ( I use bright orange and bright cyan markers. Also, I think the search starts at the top left part of the screen, On some part of the windoes light grey color... I'll make it so it starts on the window itself. Time to get working, and erifash, good work, I will check it out...

Hey guys, i'm back. As I said before, you can select any resolution (that was the word... lol I couldnt remember) because I didnt finish it... they all do the same thing, and in the next update that part will be removed... Also I reccomend not choosing any color close to white or black, try to pick odd colors that arent in your room ( I use bright orange and bright cyan markers. Also, I think the search starts at the top left part of the screen, On some part of the windoes light grey color... I'll make it so it starts on the window itself. Time to get working, and erifash, good work, I will check it out...

Yeah, I have been away for awhile too. Just wanted to see how it was coming along. If you need any help I would glad to assist. :whistle:

Yeah, I have been away for awhile too. Just wanted to see how it was coming along. If you need any help I would glad to assist. :whistle:

Yea I had to leave again that friday to pick up my brothers who were at my grandparents house an hour away, and for some reason stayed till sunday... I havent really looked at it since them, I'll work a bit on it now but this weekend I'll have more time

• 2 weeks later...

I know i havent updated this in a while, basically i just stopped by to say that for now i'm dropping this project, for various reasons. When I said I was going to work on it that weekend, I did, but that same weekend my processor for my new computer got in, and I went and finished it... I plugged in the harddrive and it worked fine, but for some reason it canoot be detected and now I dont know if anything is still on it... I would have posted this earlier but i've been at various family member's houses for a while and didnt get around to it... also forgive me spelling and grammer, i'm in a rush. Hopefully i'll pick it up again someday

Hey guys, i'm back. My computer is running off a 10 gig xbox harddrive for now, but i can still continue my script, although I dont have much time anymore since school is starting... nevertheless, i'll continue to update my scipt. LEt me work on it for a couple of hours and the first update will be up

Run("offtopicpost.exe")
;;Starting offtopic post

I never thought of using an xbox hard drive on a pc

I wouldnt recommend it if your xbox isnt broken, but yea it works... I had another broken xbox that I used for music and stuff Edited by MikeFez

My computer is running off a 10 gig xbox harddrive for now

Been there XD, I now have many back ups in case of failure, that was one of my better decisions. Edited by Vivvic

[quote name='DaleHohm']You have a strange habit of posting error messages that don't match your code.[/quote][quote name='SmOke_N']Forget the learning... straight to the scripting :lol: (laugh.gif)[/quote]

I've had 120 gigs with 10 gb left. Don't be too hard on yourself!

Lol, Ive been there as well *currently actually* but I run 4 HDD's Windows, Linux, Backup, and Graphic (photoshop, Brushes, Fonts, Stocks, Backgrounds, ETC) and recently my linux drive failed the boot check...so I think Im going to be buying a new HDD :P

[quote name='DaleHohm']You have a strange habit of posting error messages that don't match your code.[/quote][quote name='SmOke_N']Forget the learning... straight to the scripting :lol: (laugh.gif)[/quote]

Tiny update, and when I say tiny I mean it. I'm implementing all the simple things as we speak such as ball/paddle detection and also score detection, however these will not appear in the update. I also have a quick question, how do I make it so that you cant move the window (in order to keep the pixle search in the correct area?

Tiny update, and when I say tiny I mean it. I'm implementing all the simple things as we speak such as ball/paddle detection and also score detection, however these will not appear in the update. I also have a quick question, how do I make it so that you cant move the window (in order to keep the pixle search in the correct area?

While 1
$Winpos = WinGetPos("Title")

$actpos = $Winpos[0]&", "&$Winpos[1]

If not $actpos= "Xcoord, Ycoord" then
     WinMove("Title", X,Y)
Endif
Wend

I believe there is an Opt() setting to use coords relative to the window.

*Sigh*, there is, but I just havent been able to get it to work at all. I'm even having trouble getting a damn ball to appear, i'll just do that later though. I updated the script again, literally no changes but the Opt() added in this area:

; Load Camera

$Main = GUICreate("Camera",455,290,0,0, $WS_DLGFRAME)

$cap = DllCall($avi, "int", "capCreateCaptureWindow", "str", "cap", "int", BitOR($WS_CHILD,$WS_VISIBLE), "int", 15, "int", 15, "int", 320, "int", 240, "hwnd", $Main, "int", 1)

$track1 = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Track Player 1", 345,15,100)

$track2 = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Track Player 2", 345,45,100)

$START = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Start Pong", 345,105,100)

$Quit = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Quit", 345,167.5,100)

$ABOUT = GUICtrlCreateButton ("About", 345,230,100)

WinSetOnTop("Camera", "", 1)

AutoItSetOption ( "GUICoordMode" ,0)

AutoItSetOption ( "MouseCoordMode" ,0)

Damn it. Its 1:52 and I need to get my room cleaned, but i'll be back on trying to get this damned thing working... if anyone wants to tell me what I did wrong, that would be awsome.