Script for Locking Desktop Shortcuts on WinXPSP2

Hi,

This is my first day playing with Autoscript, and I like it. As a newbie, I need help from the experts of this forum. The following are what I intend to do:

1. I dont want other users of my PC to delete or move around my destkop shortcuts and/or icons. I looked at every line of the Local Computer Policy of WinXP SP2, I dont see anything there that would prevent users of "limited privilege" from moving, adding, deleting short cuts.

Question: Has someone in this forum written a script to lock desktop shortcuts?

2. Instead of shortcuts, I tried using Active Desktop as a way of launching programs because I can lock it and can't be edited by non-Admin users. Since Active Desktop is using hyperlink to launch program, it has difficulty launching programs that require "Start in" directory or programs that have have options (e.g., counterstrike's "hl.exe -console -game cstrike." This is where I find Autoscript useful. But...

Question: What is the equivalent of "Start in" directory in autoscript?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Vel

Hi & welcome!

Hmm I' no expert of this forum, but I despite try to help you. :D

1. Icons: There is a tool called iconsaver outthere which saves your icons and locations on desktop.

2. Start: Have a look at Run or _RunDOS in the great helpfile. Or write your own toolbar which starts your apps write out of the directory. In S&S forum there are already some toolbars.

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

im no expert with auto it but i think i can solve ur problem.. y dont you password protect your user profile and create limited accounts for every1 else according to windows all the profiles are supposed to be seperate so that other users cant change you settings but if they have the admin privalages or w/e they are called and u only have limited yea they can change it.

A great place to start Autoit 1-2-3

1. Icons: There is a tool called iconsaver outthere which saves your icons and locations on desktop.

2. Start: Have a look at Run or _RunDOS in the great helpfile. Or write your own toolbar which starts your apps write out of the directory. In S&S forum there are already some toolbars.

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. - Vel