Help with simple scrtipt.

Code:

RunAsSet("user","domain","password")

DirMove("%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Symantec Client Security","%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities",1)

RunAsSet()

I can't get this script to work. I am trying to run the script from a network share for a user that doesn't have admin rights. :D Any thoughts? I think the problem is the path. Any help would be appreciated.

• Developers

Code:

DirMove("%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Symantec Client Security","%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities",1)

RunAsSet()

I can't get this script to work. I am trying to run the script from a network share for a user that doesn't have admin rights. :D Any thoughts? I think the problem is the path. Any help would be appreciated.

Sure.... RunASSet() ONLY sets different credentials for the Run() and RunWait() ....NOT any other commands.

You need to restart you script to accomplish that ...

I've posted that solution many times so I am sure you can find it .....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Code:

RunAsSet()

Solution 1\1:

You can use RunAsSet ONLY for Run and RunWait command.

This function allows subsequent Run and RunWait functions to run as a different user (e.g. Administrator).

So, this script can not be runned.

i542

EDIT: You need be administrator to run this script.

Edited by i542

I can do signature me.

I understand what JdeB is saying, as searching the forum is over looked. But I see a path issue also perhaps.

So yet again, I will offer a possible generic solution.

If $CMDLINE[0] And $CMDLINE[1] = '/admin' Then
    ; Now admin, do the task
    DirMove(@UserProfileDir & '\..\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Symantec Client Security", "' & _
            @UserProfileDir & '\..\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities"', 1)
Else
    ; No parameters then restart as admin
    Run('"' & @ScriptFullPath & '" /admin')
EndIf

Your %SystemDrive% would not expand unless an Opt('ExpandEnvStrings', 1) is set to enable this.

Sure.... RunASSet() ONLY sets different credentials for the Run() and RunWait() ....NOT any other commands.

You need to restart you script to accomplish that ...

I've posted that solution many times so I am sure you can find it .....

Ok RunAsSet aside, I still can't get Dirmove to work. If I replace %systemdrive% with c: the script works fine running it locally on an admin account. Any thoughts on whats going on with the path name? Thanks.

Ok RunAsSet aside, I still can't get Dirmove to work. If I replace %systemdrive% with c: the script works fine running it locally on an admin account. Any thoughts on whats going on with the path name? Thanks.

Are you been v2 user? Replace it with @HomeDrive for drive you running. %systemdrive% is AutoIt v2 special variable, I think :D .

i542

I can do signature me.

• Developers

Easiest way to debug this is to show a msgbox() with the info you want to know just before the dirmove().

If you want the environment variables be translated you will have to set the appropriate OPT("ExpandEnvStrings",1) for it. Else it wil not be translated.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

%systemdrive% is AutoIt v2 special variable, I think :D

Nah not really... its an Environment variable used in the good old DOS days ...... ( and still in many windows programs) :wacko:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Nah not really... its an Environment variable used in the good old DOS days ...... ( and still in many windows programs) :wacko:

Yeah, but it doesn't work it AutoIt, isn't that? :D

i542

I can do signature me.