Adding Time

Can anyone direct me to a thread that has done something like this.

I have a 2 or more strings that I would like to add together - representing TIME

00:12:03 + 00:17:57 = 00:30:00

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

will the _DateAdd() UDF in the beta work?

That looks like it might work - but it will only add one add a time. Is there something else that will take the string and convert it to an integer and then I can add them and then convert it back?

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Moderators

Here I made this, see if it does what you want:

Local $Time1 = '00:42:56', $Time2 = '00:17:03'

MsgBox(0, '', _AddTime($Time1, $Time2))

Func _AddTime($sTime1, $sTime2)
    Local $aSplit1 = StringSplit($sTime1, ':')
    Local $aSplit2 = StringSplit($sTime2, ':')
    Local $nAddSec = 0, $nAddMin = 0, $nAddHour = 0

$nAddSec += Int($aSplit1[3]) + Int($aSplit2[3])
    If $nAddSec > 59 Then 
        $nAddMin = 1
        $nAddSec = $nAddSec - 60
    EndIf
    $nAddMin += Int($aSplit1[2]) + Int($aSplit2[2])
    If $nAddMin > 59 Then 
        $nAddHour = 1
        $nAddMin = $nAddMin - 60
    EndIf
    $nAddHour += Int($aSplit1[1]) + Int($aSplit2[1])
    Return StringFormat('%02d', $nAddHour) & ':' & StringFormat('%02d', $nAddMin) & ':' & StringFormat('%02d', $nAddSec)
EndFunc

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

yea that looks good.

Hey maybe change the if-then loops to for-next to let it handle times greater than 120 seconds/minutes?

120 seconds? 60 seconds is 1 minute...

Anyway, I was going to do a for loop but it isn't necessary since not all the options are the same only 1 and 2 do the same thing. But for giggles here you go:

Local $Time1 = '00:44:56', $Time2 = '00:17:03'

Local $aAddTime[4] = ['', 0, 0, 0]
    For $iCount = UBound($aSplit1) - 1 To 2 Step - 1
        $aAddTime[$iCount] += Int($aSplit1[$iCount]) + Int($aSplit2[$iCount])
        If $aAddTime[$iCount] > 59 Then
            $aAddTime[$iCount - 1] = 1
            $aAddTime[$iCount] = StringFormat('%02d', String($aAddTime[$iCount] - 60))
        EndIf
    Next
    $aAddTime[1] += Int($aSplit1[1]) + Int($aSplit2[1]);Weird couldn't use StringFormat correctly here
    Return StringFormat('%02d', $aAddTime[1]) & ':' & $aAddTime[2] & ':' & $aAddTime[3]
EndFunc

Edit:

Made it a tad smaller

Weird that I couldn't get

$aAddTime[1] += StringFormat('%02d', String((Int($aSplit1[1]) + Int($aSplit2[1])))
To work :D Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

yea i said that wrong i guess. A do-until might be better, I was meaning somthing like-

Local $Time1 = '00:1142:56', $Time2 = '00:17:03'

Do

If $nAddSec > 59 Then

$nAddMin = 1

$nAddSec = $nAddSec - 60

EndIf

Until $nAddSec<60

Do

If $nAddMin > 59 Then

$nAddHour = 1

$nAddMin = $nAddMin - 60

EndIf

Until $nAddMin<60

Return StringFormat('%02d', $nAddHour) & ':' & StringFormat('%02d', $nAddMin) & ':' & StringFormat('%02d', $nAddSec)

EndFunc

In case someone wanted to have more that 60 seconds or minutes. Edited by evilertoaster

Made it a tad smaller

Weird that I couldn't get

$aAddTime[1] += StringFormat('%02d', String((Int($aSplit1[1]) + Int($aSplit2[1])))
To work :D
Either way - thanks - I will look at the difference between the two but for now the first one works - did you already have the code or are you that fast :wacko:

Thanks again - works great

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Moderators

yea i said that wrong i guess. A do-until might be better, I was meaning somthing like-

Local $Time1 = '00:1142:56', $Time2 = '00:17:03'

Do

If $nAddSec > 59 Then

$nAddMin = 1

$nAddSec = $nAddSec - 60

EndIf

Until $nAddSec<60

Do

If $nAddMin > 59 Then

$nAddHour = 1

$nAddMin = $nAddMin - 60

EndIf

Until $nAddMin<60

EndFunc

In case someone wanted to have more that 60 seconds or minutes.

How would you ever get that many minutes? Do you run programs that do that? Sorry if I misunderstood what nitekram wanted.

• Moderators

Either way - thanks - I will look at the difference between the two but for now the first one works - did you already have the code or are you that fast :D

Thanks again - works great

No, I made it when you asked the question. But it seemed easy enough.

Edit:

Added evils suggestion just to play it safe:

Local $Time1 = '00:1144:5600', $Time2 = '00:17:03'

If $aSplit1[0] <> 3 Or $aSplit2[0] <> 3 Then
        SetError(1)
        Return 0
    EndIf
    Local $aAddTime[4] = ['', 0, 0, 0]
    For $iCount = UBound($aSplit1) - 1 To 2 Step - 1
        $aAddTime[$iCount] += Int($aSplit1[$iCount]) + Int($aSplit2[$iCount])
        Do
            If $aAddTime[$iCount] > 59 Then
                $aAddTime[$iCount - 1] += 1
                $aAddTime[$iCount] = StringFormat('%02d', String($aAddTime[$iCount] - 60))
            EndIf
        Until Int($aAddTime[$iCount]) < 60
    Next
    $aAddTime[1] += Int($aSplit1[1]) + Int($aSplit2[1]);Weird couldn't use StringFormat correctly here
    Return StringFormat('%02d', $aAddTime[1]) & ':' & $aAddTime[2] & ':' & $aAddTime[3]
EndFunc
Edited by SmOke_N

How would you ever get that many minutes? Do you run programs that do that? Sorry if I misunderstood what nitekram wanted.

You'd not usually have that many, just a 'what if' scenario :D

I think what you had first will work fine for nitekram, i was just thinking if for some reason you had like

'it will take 3000 seconds to do somthing' and you wanted it returned in standard form...i dont know probably just over thinking it ^^

• Moderators

You'd not usually have that many, just a 'what if' scenario :D

I think what you had first will work fine for nitekram, i was just thinking if for some reason you had like

'it will take 3000 seconds to do somthing' and you wanted it returned in standard form...i dont know probably just over thinking it ^^

No it was a good point... You see all kinds of scenerios on here, I changed it above if you see... also made sure to help with a little error handling.

No, I made it when you asked the question. But it seemed easy enough.

You all make it look so easy all the time. I spend hours making something that takes you like 15 mins.

The only chance I have at beating you at anything - is at pool, but I am sure that you would beat me at that too. By the way how did you do in the last tournament?

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Moderators

You all make it look so easy all the time. I spend hours making something that takes you like 15 mins.

The only chance I have at beating you at anything - is at pool, but I am sure that you would beat me at that too. By the way how did you do in the last tournament?

There are many on here that do the same to me nitekram, I usually take the longest route for the same result.

2nd - But got moved to the vegas position, just not the tournament 1st cash position. That's next month.

There are many on here that do the same to me nitekram, I usually take the longest route for the same result.

2nd - But got moved to the vegas position, just not the tournament 1st cash position. That's next month.

Maybe before you were a guru - I hardly ever see a question from you. You are very helpful though, and I speak for all the noobs out here - we love the help.

You a nine ball player? Ever play snooker?

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Moderators

Maybe before you were a guru - I hardly ever see a question from you. You are very helpful though, and I speak for all the noobs out here - we love the help.

You a nine ball player? Ever play snooker?

Ha, I always have questions, I wear the search function out... And MSDN is on speed dial (favorites lol).

I've played them all 3 cushion/14:1/1 pocket/snooker/10ball/9ball/8ball/7ball/golf (on a pool table) and a few hundred others I'm sure.

Ha, I always have questions, I wear the search function out... And MSDN is on speed dial (favorites lol).

I've played them all 3 cushion/14:1/1 pocket/snooker/10ball/9ball/8ball/7ball/golf (on a pool table) and a few hundred others I'm sure.

Well, I try to play them all. I wish you luck in Vegas - remember what happens in Vegas, uh I can't remember. Last time our team was there we were out the second day - think it was all the money we lost at the tables (not pool) the night before.

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

U will go blind

U bad boy!

Edited by HardCopy

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad