possible

Make a GUI box saying "please browse to your install folder" then you can browse to it, and then it moves a folder to the "install" folder.

so if a .zip pack has a

install.exe

folder

and then the install.exe should move the folder to the dictory you browsed too..

Is there any way to do this?

i know u can browse, but can u save the browsed text in some way?

sorry im all new to autoit

Edited by 8218

• Moderators

Make a GUI box saying "please browse to your install folder" then you can browse to it, and then it moves a folder to the "install" folder.

so if a .zip pack has a

install.exe

folder

and then the install.exe should move the folder to the dictory you browsed too..

Is there any way to do this?

i know u can browse, but can u save the browsed text in some way?

sorry im all new to autoit

New to AutoIt '04?

Anyway, maybe FileOpenDialog() is what your looking for?...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i more like fileselect folder

this is my work until now

;Script start

MsgBox(0, "Install", "Will start now", 50)

sleep(1500)

$var = FileSelectFolder("Please browse to your Setup folder", "")

DirMove("", "")

Exit

:/ it dossnt work

• Moderators

i more like fileselect folder

this is my work until now

;Script start

MsgBox(0, "Install", "Will start now", 50)

sleep(1500)

$var = FileSelectFolder("Please browse to your Setup folder", "")

DirMove("", "")

Exit

:/ it dossnt work

I stand corrected... but "what" doesn't work there? What are you trying to do, unpack your own .exe?

What is DirMove('', '') for?

$var = FileSelectFolder("Choose a folder.", "")
MsgBox(64, 'Info', $var)oÝ÷ Ù*++zÛ«ËaxZ%uêË¡Æ­ð«]£*.Á©í¶hìmØ­1¬zØb²+-êèº×²¢ìÝ7èÌj)ÅW¢²Ø^~]z»ajܨ»¥·­æ­x¢¼¨º¸§²Ö¥Ú-ç!¢Ç§v*ÞrÚ+É«­¢+ØÀÌØíÙÈô¥±M±Ñ½±È ÅÕ½Ðí
¡½½Í½±È¸ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì¤)%9½Ð¥±á¥ÍÑÌ ÀÌØí5å5¥¹¥±¤Q¡¸(($%¥É
ÉÑ ÀÌØí5å5¥¹¥±¤(%U¹Ñ¥°¥±á¥ÍÑÌ ÀÌØí5å5¥¹¥±¤(%¥±%¹Íѱ° ÌäíèÀäÈí1½Ñ¥½¹Q½%µÌäì°ÀÌØíÙȵÀìÌäìÀäÈìÌäìµÀìÀÌØí5å5¥¹¥±¤($íѸ¸¸)±Í(%¥±%¹Íѱ° ÌäíèÀäÈí1½Ñ¥½¹Q½%µÌäì°ÀÌØíÙȵÀìÌäìÀäÈìÌäìµÀìÀÌØí5å5¥¹¥±¤($íѸ¸¸)¹%
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

okay im trying to explain what the script should do

First u get a zip file that contains install.exe (the script) and 2 folders called folder1 and folder2

The script:

1. A message box comming up saying "you are going to install bla bla"

2. A box comming up telling you to browse to your "setup" dictory"

3. Moving the "folder1" and "folder2" to the "setup" dictory

4. Exit

Thanks for helping me, im honored :D

• Moderators

Well, DirMove() is the way you probably want to go, but you need both folders 1 and 2 locations and then you would need 2 DirMoves... So as an example:

Local $Folder1 = 'Location of folder 1', $Folder2 = 'Location of folder 2'
$var = FileSelectFolder("Choose a folder.", "")
DirMove($Folder1, $var, 1)
DirMove($Folder2, $var, 1)

• Moderators

well a little problem is that there is diffrent localations.. it depends if u download it to the desktop, or C:\ drive..

cant i just write /

??

Thanks

No

crap, so theres nothing to do ...

damn :/

You give up waaaay too easily! :wacko:

..it depends if u download it to the desktop, or C:\ drive

The script can tell which it is, and perform accordingly. This is not a hard problem... :D

SmOke_N staticly set $Folder1 and $Folder2, but they could easily be made to reflect wherever you downloaded to. It just wasn't the part he was trying to show you.

:D

P.S. Wherever the script and two folders got put, the location should be visible to the script via the @ScriptDir macro.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You give up waaaay too easily! :wacko:

The script can tell which it is, and perform accordingly. This is not a hard problem... :D

SmOke_N staticly set $Folder1 and $Folder2, but they could easily be made to reflect wherever you downloaded to. It just wasn't the part he was trying to show you.

:D

im too lazy to find out.. tell me how ^^ :D

The current directory is equivilent to "." (a period). So if you are in "C:\" and want to use "C:\install" you could use ".\install". Similarly, if you are in "C:\Documents and Settings\...\Desktop" and want "C:\Documents and Settings\...\Desktop\install", it would be ".\install".

On a similar note, ".." is the directory above the one you are in. So "C:\install\.." = "C:\".

ye i understand that, but its diffrent.. some people preffer to DL in a dl folder.. others on desktop or c drive. Isnt it possible to localate the place its DL'ed and move from there?

=)

• Moderators

Do you mean you want to search possibly their entire hard drive to findout where in the heck they put the 2 folders you want to move in case they moved it somewhere other than the default location (I take it that it isn't an AutoIt.exe that is doing the install)?