Process question

How can you get the memory used by a process?Not a handle to it, nothing like that...Just the amount of bytes of memory that a process is using..

Together we might liveDivided we must fall

How can you get the memory used by a process?Not a handle to it, nothing like that...Just the amount of bytes of memory that a process is using..

VirtualQueryEx, in my signature.

Nomad :D

Edit: Well, that also depends on what memory you are talking about. VirtualQueryEx doesn't show how much RAM the process is using, if that's what you mean. I'd have to do some looking around to get that info.

Edited by Nomad

Yes...what it shows in the task manager...I've downloaded your VirtualQueryEx today...Is there a function to retrieve the number of kb used by a process (check out first post)..

Didn't think so :D..I'm also not fond of getting every memory region size and adding them up..

Yes...what it shows in the task manager...I've downloaded your VirtualQueryEx today...Is there a function to retrieve the number of kb used by a process (check out first post)..

Didn't think so :D..I'm also not fond of getting every memory region size and adding them up..

Didn't think so :D ..I'm also not fond of getting every memory region size and adding them up..

Then make a script to do it for you. Until yesterday, there wasn't even a VirtualMemoryEx UDF... so having to do a little of your own work shouldn't be that big of an issue.

As long as there isn't an easier/faster way of doing it, addition isn't something I'm afraid of...And I'm pretty sure Task Manger does it another way..

• Moderators

I thought Gary had done this in the past, but if not, you could always start here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....smemoryinfo.asp

Edit:

Or maybe here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=170800

If not that particular post, then Saunders has an example but you have to fix the name of the psapi.dll to correctly use it (he mistyped it).

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.