SetError: "return value" parameter not documented

In SCiTE, when I use SetError, it shows 3 possible parameters, code, extended, and return value. I looked in the manual to see what Return Value is exactly, but it isnt mentioned in the manual, just code and extended. What exactly does Return Value do? (And why isnt it in the manual?)

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

look at the updated udf for example http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=207620

return value Override the default return value and return this parameter.

so instead of returning say zero in the above udf i returned an empty string ""

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

uhhh yes it is in the beta, don't know about the release

from the help file

SetError

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manually set the value of the @error macro.

SetError ( code [, extended [, return value]] )

Parameters

code The required value (integer) to set the @error macro to.

extended The optional value (integer) to set the @extended macro to. This sets the same macro as the SetExtended() function.

return value Override the default return value and return this parameter.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

but why isnt it in the manual?

Maybe you could change the sign in your avitar to read:

"Seriously, read the BETA help file!"

:D

Clicky: SetError()

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Maybe you could change the sign in your avitar to read:

"Seriously, read the BETA help file!"

:D

Clicky: SetError()

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/gafrost/av-7402.GIF

• Moderators

THE STUPID SIGN

Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid." That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops...never mind, didn't see your sign."

It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. My neighbor comes over and says, "Hey, you moving?" "Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."

A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine, we pulled his boat into the dock, I lifted up this big ol' stringer of bass and this idiot on the dock goes, "Hey, y'all catch all them fish?" "Nope. Talked 'em into giving up. Here's your sign."

I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel. There was a guy inventing a shark bite suit. And there's only one way to test it. "Alright, Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good... They want you to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite you." "Well, all right, but hold my sign. I don't wanna lose it."

Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of those side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, and I SWEAR he said, "Tire go flat?" I couldn't resist. I said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."

We were trying to sell our car about a year ago. A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house, he gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says, "Darn that's hot!" See, if he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.

I learned to drive an 18-wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't you know, I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out, no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning...okay...no problem. I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign...until he asked, "So, is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig and then back to him and said, "No, I'm delivering a bridge... here's your sign."

I stayed late at work one night and a co-worker looked at me and said, "Are you still here?" I replied, "No. I left about 10 minutes ago. Here's your sign."

Anybody you know need a sign today?

The next time someone says something stupid ask them where their sign is.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/gafrost/av-7402.GIF

you dont mind if i hotlink do you?

edit: well, that didnt go so well. :D

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN