need help

ok heres whats up i have this

$List = GuiCtrlCreateList("", 3, 70, 165, 115)
$prop = _GetExtProperty($song,10)
    GUICtrlSetData($list, $prop &  "    " & $song)

i need to get $song out of the list when that one is selected and im not sure how to.

[center][font="Arial Black"] DESEAN[/font][/center] [center]<<<WOW Fi$her>>>[/center][center]<<<mp3 player>>>[/center]

)" data-cid="207921" data-date="Jul 15 2006, 06:40 PM">

ok heres whats up i have this

$List = GuiCtrlCreateList("", 3, 70, 165, 115)
$prop = _GetExtProperty($song,10)

i need to get $song out of the list when that one is selected and im not sure how to.

You can read the current selection in the list with GuiCtrlRead():

$Selection = GuiCtrlRead($List)

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

ok yea it worked at gettin the selection how ever i just need to get the file path...

so what i have written on the line is the title a few spaces and then the file path ... how would i single out just the file path?

[center][font="Arial Black"] DESEAN[/font][/center] [center]<<<WOW Fi$her>>>[/center][center]<<<mp3 player>>>[/center]

)" data-cid="207982" data-date="Jul 15 2006, 09:16 PM">

i think i might have it ... with stringtrimleft thx

The problem with StringTrimLeft() in that application is that you have to know how many characters to trim. Assuming the titles will be of different lengths, that could present a problem.

How about using a ListView instead, which gives you columns for the title and the path?

You could also sort of simulate a ListView with your list, since you are inserting a fixed seperator between the title and path, you could do a StringSplit on it. Say the seperator was {space}......{space} (an ellipsis of six dots with a space on each end). You could split it like this:

GUICtrlSetData($list, $prop &  " ...... " & $song)

; more code...

$Selection = GuiCtrlRead($List)
$SelSplit = StringSplit($Selection, " ...... ", 1) ; 1 = entire string for delim
$Selection = $SelSplit[2]

Another possibility is not store the path there in the first place (if the user doesn't need it to make the selection). Just keep the paths in a seperate array and get the one you need after the user picks a title.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

no i got it... if you have the script do a bit of math it figures out how many it will need to trim :D now im just having a problem with opening multipule files at once ill email u my script if ud like to help me figure it out :wacko:

)" data-cid="208019" data-date="Jul 15 2006, 10:58 PM">

no i got it... if you have the script do a bit of math it figures out how many it will need to trim :wacko: now im just having a problem with opening multipule files at once ill email u my script if ud like to help me figure it out :D

Sounds like a New Topic to me...

Let this thread die and start a new one with your current conundrum.

:D