How to Kill a GUI and Start Over?

I'm stumped (again).

I have created a nice GUI that gets the info I want it to get and has a rudimentary dummy-check capability. It checks to see if the info you put in for an IP address is even likely to be a valid IP address, and looks for certain other fields to be filled rather than blank. What it NEEDS to do is pop up a window that tells you that you must have goofed, and then send you back to the GUI form. I can get the popup window fine, and I can re-run the function that constitutes the form, but what it does not do is kill the old form window. Anyone have any ideas on how to force it to either go back to the form I started with or kill the bad one and start over?

I have added the code as an attachment as it's too bloody long to just paste in here.

Thanks,

-Chris

GUITest.au3

• Moderators

Learning arrays would make your life so much easier. Looks as if all you need is a GUIDelete() if it failed, then recall the GUI again.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

HI,

what about disabling the Button submit until everything is fine. And while he/she fills in the form you do a check loop.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times