Help getting ControlID

I am wanting to interact with a program, (Steam) and the Autoit windows Info tool is not providing me with any control information. Are there any other tools that I might use to find out control information?

(I am automating a login script, including license management for the cafe that I work for, and I would like to increase the reliability by just inputting text into the control, rather than a simple SEND text that could glitch if a user is changing windows while the text is sending.)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Moderators

Well if there aren't any controls showing, then the answer is no. You'll need to look at other avenues to try and get the job done, ie... Pixel Functions / MouseClick() etc...

Edit:

Actually, is it providing a ClassNameNN? If it is, then you could use that in place of the ControlID.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

How do you use classnamenn inplace of controlid? I was searching awhile back, but didnt find the answer.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

• Moderators

Lets say you have a control button you want to click... And the AutoInfo Tool returns something like

Control ID: 1

ClassNameNN: Button1

Instead of
ControlClick('Window', 'Text of Control', 1)
You could do
ControlClick('Window', 'Text of Control', 'Button1')

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I was afraid of that - No there was Classname either - I did find a workaround though - I don't know how Ive missed the "blockinput" function all this time - It did just the trick - Takes the client out of the picture while I automate the user and password fields.