Volume control idea

I would like to control the volume of several apps individually. I want the master volume to stay the same and I can change the volume of my mp3 player and/or the volume of an online game and/or Yahoo/Aim voice chat etc...

So far all I can do is adjust the master / wave / sw synth controls to get close, but it's a pain and seldom gets close to what I want. I would also like to mute each individual app as needed.

Any ideas where I could get started? or maybe some sample scripts to help me learn.

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Probably gonna need something directly connected to each app. Right now if I change the volume on the mp3 player it changes the volume on everything.... i.e. the master volume.

Thanks for your input.

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

• 9 months later...

I run the following with autoit and send control commands to check uncheck the mute boxes....its a workaround!!!

C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndvol32.exe

Yes, especially using this baby:

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
Run("C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndvol32.exe","C:\WINDOWS\system32", @SW_HIDE)
WinWait("Lautstärkeregelung","SW-Synthesizer-Balan")

ControlCommand("Lautstärkeregelung", "&Ton aus", 1000, "UnCheck", "")
WinClose("Lautstärkeregelung")

It's for unmuting, but if you want to mute sound, just replace the "UnCheck" with "Check". If You replace the "ControlCommand" with "ControlClick" and dismiss everything behinf "1000" except the ")", you will be able to toggle sound state. This one is for german XP on which I tested it. If you intend to use it on different languages, You sould translate the window title and checkbox name. Unfortunately I don't have an english XP, on which I could look after the correct english names of the sndvol32-window and the mute-checkbox, but with a few modifications.... ;-)

Zoli

Yes, especially using this baby:

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
Run("C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndvol32.exe","C:\WINDOWS\system32", @SW_HIDE)
WinWait("Lautstärkeregelung","SW-Synthesizer-Balan")

ControlCommand("Lautstärkeregelung", "&Ton aus", 1000, "UnCheck", "")
WinClose("Lautstärkeregelung")

It's for unmuting, but if you want to mute sound, just replace the "UnCheck" with "Check". If You replace the "ControlCommand" with "ControlClick" and dismiss everything behinf "1000" except the ")", you will be able to toggle sound state. This one is for german XP on which I tested it. If you intend to use it on different languages, You sould translate the window title and checkbox name. Unfortunately I don't have an english XP, on which I could look after the correct english names of the sndvol32-window and the mute-checkbox, but with a few modifications.... ;-)

Zoli

Do you realize just how old this thread is...

how about this one...

SoundSetWaveVolume(50)

8)

NEWHeader1.png