Process Manager

themax90

Ok I know it's been a LONG time since I have posted here a script. Because I am now getting a virus off my grandfathers computer as well, I decided to make this utility.

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AutoIt Version: 3.1.1.130
    Author:      Max Gardner; AutoIt Smith(king.of.all@comcast.net)

Modes : 
        With Graphics
        Without Graphics --> ProcessList OnExit

HotKeys(Without Graphics):
        F1 = Write current processes to Log.txt at @ScriptDir
        Esc = Exit Program
#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has two modes, with or without graphics. Without graphics is very primitive, uses hotkey to spool into a file. Also has OnExit list option. With graphics has ProcessKill, Find Window, and Refresh using a List and I would prefer it.

Okay, heres the updates.

Updates when process is killed.
Multiple Process Killing
Tells if it were unable to kill
Added a few lines that update the array and the MaxProcesses amount so there will be no errors. Unlimited processes.

Previous Downloads # 1 : 4

Previous Downloads # 2 : 39

Previous Downloads # 3 : 100

See my Fileman:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/AutoIt%20Smith/

If ask why I didn't use ProcessWaitClose here is my answer:

I want to make sure the process is killed, so it trys to kill it multiple times. If it cannot kill in $TopTime (in miliseconds) then it will warn you it was not killed and go on with it's script life.

AutoIt Smith Edited by AutoIt Smith

• Moderators

Nice Job Smith, although... Changing

Global $MaxProcesses from 50oÝ÷ ÚÚºÚ"µÍÛØ[    ÌÍÓX^ØÙÜÙÈHPÝ[
ØÙÜÓÝ

JHHoÝ÷ ۥƯy©Þ®º+¢ybí·Õ«­¢+ØÀÌØí1¥ÍÑY¥Ýl ÀÌØíQɬ´Ä¤t
if you have more than 50 processes running...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

@Manadar

What is your problem? Some Virii cannot be caught by a virus scanner. Plain and simple. This was the case for my father and grandfather. This works perfectly for me, and you shouldn't be saying how it won't do ME good in my PERSONAL situations. It is a small script, to be commented ON the script, and NOT on what I use it for.

I'm loosing my patience with these kids.

@Smoke_N

Thank you, I never looked at it that way, I will make a function to automatically update that because the number changes...

Edit 1 :

Added a few lines that update the array and the MaxProcesses amount so there will be no errors. Unlimited processes.

See above for update.

Edited by AutoIt Smith

I see, I offer my apologies then. It's a nice script.

Thank you. Sorry if I may have flied off the handle, but I have not received a virus that has been caught and I've cleaned up atleast 25+ different virii all that were not found by any Virus Scanner program. This allows my to track processes, or in the case of an auto-shutdown, the w/o graphics OnExit option will allow me to log the process/es that shut down the computer and delete it and all things linked to it.

It is difficult not for me to get bugged when someone tells me how I should use MY script.

• Moderators

Also noticed an issue if you select No / No then your stuck in an endless loop, should maybe exit there?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

This allows my to track processes, or in the case of an auto-shutdown, the w/o graphics OnExit option will allow me to log the process/es that shut down the computer and delete it and all things linked to it.

You could include in the script a way to kill a process by name as soon as it exists, to prevent a possible shutdown. Would this be a good thing to do?

It would also tick me off if someone told me how to use my script actually. :D

• Moderators

I tried to run the program and it states that it can't find the GUIListView.au3 include file.

Run it using Beta....

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23823

I did, but it still didnt work. I had to jerry-rig the installation so it didnt install into its own 'beta' folder so the include folder would be seen by the autoit.exe file. :D

What does this program do other than mimic the windows process manager? No offense (I could never make something like that) but what other functions does it posess?

Edited by mike1305

Amp Energy Drink: the official sponsor of me scripting at 2AM.

It is a primitive tool. It can view ALL processes, and get there PID's, as well as match windows. Something CtrlAltDel can't always do. As well as the OnExit function for virus catching.

Windows Process Manager changes in every different year OS. This will stay the same, for example, in WinMe, it will list every single thing running instead of the user only things.

It is a primitive tool. It can view ALL processes, and get there PID's, as well as match windows. Something CtrlAltDel can't always do. As well as the OnExit function for virus catching.

Windows Process Manager changes in every different year OS. This will stay the same, for example, in WinMe, it will list every single thing running instead of the user only things.

cool! Thankfully I don't have much experience in ME. I had it on a computer here at work for a while until I went crazy.

What is the OnExit function, and how is it used?

edit: nvm.

Edited by mike1305

Amp Energy Drink: the official sponsor of me scripting at 2AM.

Okay, heres the updates.

Updates when process is killed.
Multipul Process Killing
Tells if it were unable to kill

See first post for update.

• 2 weeks later...