Virtual PC

Has anyone tried running a script in Virtual PC?

I want to use it to help me speed up testing of scripts on other OS's but everytime I try to run the compiled scripts I get an AutoIT error: Unable to open the Script file.

Any Ideas?

Mike

I run my scripts on VMWare all of the time using Win98 and Win2K. What sort of problems are you encountering? Are you getting an error message? Are you scripts starting and not running, or not even starting?

Guest Guest

I have the same Problem, if i try to run the script from a "VMware-Shared Folder". When I copy the script to c: , everything works.

I get an error running a compiled script from a readonly device like a cdrom... something about ipv6 or something...

EDIT: That must only have happened on the earlier version. I am not getting the same error anymore once compiled with autoit3.0.102

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

Has anyone tried running a script in Virtual PC?

I want to use it to help me speed up testing of scripts on other OS's but everytime I try to run the compiled scripts I get an AutoIT error: Unable to open the Script file.

Any Ideas?

Mike

Can you post a sample which produce the error?

I check without any problem Autoit3 against Win95 win98SE Win2k WinXp running VMWare or Virtual PC without any anomalies for now :D

I have the same Problem, if i try to run the script from a "VMware-Shared Folder". When I copy the script to c: , everything works.

Interesting, I was attemtping to run the scripts from the share folder. once I copied it directly into the Virtual machine hard drive they are working now... Thanks for the assistance.

Mike

• 6 years later...

Interesting, I was attemtping to run the scripts from the share folder. once I copied it directly into the Virtual machine hard drive they are working now... Thanks for the assistance.

Mike

Wow, 6 years later and this is still a problem!

I think I discovered that the "Use UPX" option is what is causing the problem. With that option turned off, the exact same script works fine on VMware Shared folders. VMWare version 7.