Built in Functions

I am an avid user of Autoit and have written many scripts.

Now that I am retired I have found that I have CRS (Can't Rember SH..) so I am writting a script which will help with all the function names and parameters. The number of user defined functions already exceeds 350. Add to this the built in functions and macros and the number becomes too much for this 62 year old brain to comprehend.

What I need is a file and/or method of getting a list of all built in functions with parameters.

Can anyone help?

P.S.

Hope this is the right forum for this request. If not let me know and I will remove it.

Thanks in advance for any help

StuffByDennis

HI,

dont get it. Do oyu want to have something like the helpfile? Or do you need a helpfile for your own big script?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• Developers

I am an avid user of Autoit and have written many scripts.

Now that I am retired I have found that I have CRS (Can't Rember SH..) so I am writting a script which will help with all the function names and parameters. The number of user defined functions already exceeds 350. Add to this the built in functions and macros and the number becomes too much for this 62 year old brain to comprehend.

What I need is a file and/or method of getting a list of all built in functions with parameters.

Can anyone help?

P.S.

Hope this is the right forum for this request. If not let me know and I will remove it.

Thanks in advance for any help

StuffByDennis

Are you using SciTE ?

This file (without.txt) comes with it which is used for the function calltip. It contains all Keyworks,Functions and UDFs... :D

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

HI,

Scite has been changed for Autoit. So , might be better. :D

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• Developers

I am using SrcEdit.

Is SciTe better?.

I might be slightly biased but I would say Yes... :D

Check its home page for all features ...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

My thanks to Moderator and Mega fro their help.

Looks like I will bite the bullet and switch to SciTE.

Played with SciTE a little and have one little problem.

Lets say I want to read a control which has the function name CONTROLREAD.

I must know that CONTROL is before READ and thus start typing C.

What I would like to do is type READ and all functions with READ anywhere in the command pops up.

I can then choose the one I want.

I still need to write a script but the syntax help script just got a lot simpler.

StuffByDennis

I might be slightly biased but I would say Yes... :D

Check its home page for all features ...

• Developers

My thanks to Moderator and Mega fro their help.

Looks like I will bite the bullet and switch to SciTE.

Played with SciTE a little and have one little problem.

Lets say I want to read a control which has the function name CONTROLREAD.

I must know that CONTROL is before READ and thus start typing C.

What I would like to do is type READ and all functions with READ anywhere in the command pops up.

I can then choose the one I want.

I still need to write a script but the syntax help script just got a lot simpler.

StuffByDennis

ahh you want magic .. :D

seriously: SciTEs autocom[plete option doesn't work like that, but I think the naming convention of AutoIt3 is setup in a way the the first part of the functions should tell you something about what type of function you are working with like : String... GUI.... Control..... etc

You get used to it quickly and it surely speeds up the coding of a script ...

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.