.a3x compile

• Developers

What are the features of .a3x?

Can you use it in a include

Can you run commands

Can it be run

Is it encrypted

There is only one difference between a compiled EXE and A3X: it doesn't contain the runtime module, thus requires AutoIt3 or another program that contains this module. Other than that no differences.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

What are the features of .a3x?

Can you use it in a include

Can you run commands

Can it be run

Is it encrypted

• 4 years later...

There is only one difference between a compiled EXE and A3X: it doesn't contain the runtime module, thus requires AutoIt3 or another program that contains this module. Other than that no differences.

Sorry for bringing up an old post, but if I had one autoit exe compiled that calls an a3x on a computer without autoit installed, will it work because the original exe has the module?

[center][/center]

• Developers

Sorry for bringing up an old post, but if I had one autoit exe compiled that calls an a3x on a computer without autoit installed, will it work because the original exe has the module?

Isn't that what I said already ? ;)

So the answer is yes.

From the Helpfile page "Running Scripts":

Form1: AutoIt3.exe [/ErrorStdOut] [/AutoIt3ExecuteScript] file [params ...]

Execute an AutoIt3 Script File

/ErrorStdOut Allows to redirect fatal error to StdOut which can be captured by an application as Scite editor. This switch can be used with a compiled script.

To execute a standard AutoIt Script File 'myscript.au3', use the command:

'AutoIt3.exe myscript.au3'

Form2: Compiled.exe [/ErrorStdOut] [params ...]

Execute an compiled AutoIt3 Script File produced with Aut2Exe.

Form3: Compiled.exe [/ErrorStdOut] [/AutoIt3ExecuteScript file] [params ...]

Execute another script file from a compiled AutoIt3 Script File. Then you don't need to fileinstall another copy of AutoIT3.exe in your compiled file.

Form4: AutoIt3.exe [/ErrorStdOut] /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "command line"

Execute one line of code.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hmm, I tried a couple of different methods, but they were all apparently wrong :/

Tried the following:

Run(@ScriptDir & "\Peripherals\Watcher.a3x Parameters") ;Parameters are given by the program, so i just put that there as a placeholder
Run(@ScriptDir & "\Tools\AutoIt3.exe " & @ScriptDir & "\Peripherals\Watcher.a3x Parameters") ;I copied AutoIt3.exe to this directory thinking it needed to be used to call the program

At this point in time, I've given up as it's not a big deal, but would be nice to be able to add extra peripherals to a program with a3x files as opposed to exe files for disk space.

Edited by Affe

[center][/center]

Hmm, I tried a couple of different methods, but they were all apparently wrong :/

Tried the following:

Run(@ScriptDir & "\Peripherals\Watcher.a3x Parameters") ;Parameters are given by the program, so i just put that there as a placeholder
Run(@ScriptDir & "\Tools\AutoIt3.exe " & @ScriptDir & "\Peripherals\Watcher.a3x Parameters") ;I copied AutoIt3.exe to this directory thinking it needed to be used to call the program

At this point in time, I've given up as it's not a big deal, but would be nice to be able to add extra peripherals to a program with a3x files as opposed to exe files for disk space.

Cool. And Jos even put some words in bold.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• Developers

Out of the question. And now, you will have to pay the price.

15 euros on my AlertPay account (trancexx at yahoo dot com). Immediately!

.. and why are you getting it all? Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.