Computer Info UDF's

If this was being used over and over to retrieve different values than this might be true, but in this case I see no benifits by using a dictionary.

As a matter of fact in this case it would add many lines of code not needed.

Gary

I think what I am going to do is have all that information in an extended include.

#include "CompInfo.au3" ;Functions with numeric returns.
#include "CompInfoExt.au3" ;Uses arrays to decide what the string values are for the numeric return.

What do you think of this option? Or could you possibly think of another. Not everyone would want that information returned, so I would like to have the availability to do it for them as a complete library, but I dont want to bloat the initial include.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Edit 17: Added an Example file containing all 11 current UDF's in one simple file.

I am pretty sure I will be adding an extended include file that would be used to figure out what some of the return values mean based on the documetation on MSDN.

I hope everyone likes everything so far.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Edit 18: Added _ComputerGetOSs, _ComputerGetShares, _ComputerGetEventLogs

See the first post for the updated Include and Examples files.

Thanks for your continued support,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Wow, Nice, I've added them all. But 1 Problem: There is way too much info about the printer...I can't fit it all on my screen (1280x1024), How If I have more than 1 printer can I spread it out more so I can see all the info?

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

• 2 weeks later...

:P Very nice job.

You just made my day a lot easier.

Any chance of getting the directX version ?

I will look into this. I have added _ComputerGetVideoCards and _ComputerGetSoundCards, but have not released them yet.

I can certainly look into some DirectX information.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Wow, Nice, I've added them all. But 1 Problem: There is way too much info about the printer...I can't fit it all on my screen (1280x1024), How If I have more than 1 printer can I spread it out more so I can see all the info?

Sorry I didnt see this before. Somehow I missed it.

You would have to use a different output method than my "example". My example is just there to show you how the information is stored. Its just a 2 dimensional array. Nothing hard to navigate through. You dont even need all the Printer Info available, you should pick and choose what you want to display.

In my CompInfoExamples.au3 file I put a note in on each of the items that may contain too much information for a message box to display. I have also run into a message box that had more information than could be handled in an AutoIt line.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Added _ComputerGetSoundCards, _ComputerGetVideoCards Updated _ComputerGetGroups (moved "Description" to element 4 to match the rest of the library). Updated Processes, OSs, Processors, Services, Software, Threads, Printers, BIOS, and EventLogs to have the same header layout. Alphabetized CompInfo.au3 and CompInfoExamples.au3

I am trying to get everything standardized, and error checking in place. I will also be soon including an CompInfoExt.au3 that will have extra arrays to turn the numeric values into readable output.

I appreciate everyone's support thus far, and look forward to continuing this project.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

I just wanted to add an update to this as I know a few people are awaiting updates. It is taking a bit of time to go through the MSDN documentation, and create the CompInfoExt.au3 include that will help with return values.

I hope everyone is able to be patient enough with me as I work on this project. I will also try to continue adding more and more UDF's to the feature set. If you can find any that you would find useful please let me know.

Thanks for the support,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

I say take the time you need. This is great man. Thanks!

Cool... I appreciate that! I am glad to know there are people still lurking :P

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Found a bug.

You have in Func _ComputerGetOSs(ByRef $aOSInfo)

$aOSInfo[$i][33] = $objItem.NumberOfUsers
  $aOSInfo[$i][34] = $objItem.Organization
  $aOSInfo[$i][35] = $objItem.OSLanguage

but in the output in #region Operating Systems

"NumberOfUsers: " & $OSs[$i][33] & @CRLF & _
  "OSLanguage: " & $OSs[$i][34] & @CRLF & _
  "OSProductSuite: " & $OSs[$i][35] & @CRLF & _

Missing the Organization.

And later in the Code, missing the 41. This came from the missing Organization.

"Primary: " & $OSs[$i][40] & @CRLF & _
"ProductType: " & $OSs[$i][42] & @CRLF & _
Edited by Koala

Found a bug.

You have in Func _ComputerGetOSs(ByRef $aOSInfo)

$aOSInfo[$i][33] = $objItem.NumberOfUsers
  $aOSInfo[$i][34] = $objItem.Organization
  $aOSInfo[$i][35] = $objItem.OSLanguage

but in the output in #region Operating Systems

"NumberOfUsers: " & $OSs[$i][33] & @CRLF & _
  "OSLanguage: " & $OSs[$i][34] & @CRLF & _
  "OSProductSuite: " & $OSs[$i][35] & @CRLF & _

Missing the Organization.

And later in the Code, missing the 41. This came from the missing Organization.

"Primary: " & $OSs[$i][40] & @CRLF & _
"ProductType: " & $OSs[$i][42] & @CRLF & _
Thank you very much for testing the functions! I will fix that ASAP.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Updated _ComputerGetOSs (Bug Fix) in CompInfoExamples.au3 (Thanks Koala)

Please let me know of anything else you may find. I have accomplished alot in the extended include, but there will be some standards to work out on that include. I appreciate your patience.

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

External Links

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Can this UDF be integrated in next BETA release ?

Ever use an #include before? Or are you asking something here, that maybe you should be putting in the idea lab or PM'ing Jon or a Dev about?

Edit:

After re-reading my post... it sounds harsh and it wasn't intended to. I simply meant that if you want use it with any of the releases, simply use an #include, and if you want it to go further (ie... be implimented within the source of autoit for future releases) then you should contact a Dev/Jon or re-write it so it complies with the UDF submission standards.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Developers

Ever use an #include before? Or are you asking something here, that maybe you should be putting in the idea lab or PM'ing Jon or a Dev about?

Edit:

After re-reading my post... it sounds harsh and it wasn't intended to. I simply meant that if you want use it with any of the releases, simply use an #include, and if you want it to go further (ie... be implimented within the source of autoit for future releases) then you should contact a Dev/Jon or re-write it so it complies with the UDF submission standards.

@Smoke_N, All he's asking for if this set of UDF's can be added to the standard set delivered with AutoIt3.

He asked the question in the Beta thread and was pointed here... now you are sending him elsewhere .. doesn't make much sense to me.

I think it is valid to put this request here since it is the OP of the UDFs that will have to do the work to submit the UDF's for inclusion....NOT me or other Devs..... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

@Smoke_N, All he's asking for if this set of UDF's can be added to the standard set delivered with AutoIt3.

He asked the question in the Beta thread and was pointed here... now you are sending him elsewhere .. doesn't make much sense to me.

I think it is valid to put this request here since it is the OP of the UDFs that will have to do the work to submit the UDF's for inclusion....NOT me or other Devs..... :)

Ok, I edited my initial response, as I didn't feel it portrayed what I was actually saying. Sometimes words don't neccessarily come across the right way (especially from me). I saw his other post...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Just so everyone knows... I am trying to follow the standard include guidelines, and am adding all the necessary files to make this includable in the standard release. Ferengi has emailed me asking me about this. I have informed him that this has been my initial plan all along.

I do appreciate everyone's interest in this project.

I am sorry for my absence, but have been working on some other things the past week or so.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links