Computer Info UDF's

I just wanted to let everyone know that this project is still going, and I have found quite a few more things that are going to be useful to this library.

Hardware

• _ComputerGetMouse - DONE
  • _ComputerGetKeyboard - DONE
  • _ComputerGetNetworkCards
  • _ComputerGetBattery
  • _ComputerGetCDROMs
  • _ComputerGetComputer > _ComputerGetSystem
  • _ComputerGetComputerProduct > _ComputerGetSystemProduct - DONE
  • _ComputerGetMonitors
Software
  • _ComputerGetScheduledJobs
  • _ComputerGetQuickFixEngineering
  • _ComputerGetPrintJobs
  • _ComputerGetBootConfig - DONE
  • _ComputerGetLogicalMemoryConfig
  • _ComputerGetDependantServices
  • _ComputerGetDesktops
  • _ComputerGetExtensions
Let me know what you think of the above list of new functions. (that are coming soon of course)

Edit: Changed _ComputerGetComputer and _ComputerGetComputerProduct. (Replaced Computer with System)

Thanks,

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Added _ComputerGetKeyboard, _ComputerGetMouse

I hope that continues someone in the right direction...

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Really nice work .... JS

I have seen a couple of scripts now with your stuff in it

8)

Thanks I really appreciate it! I have been very proud to see a couple of projects with my UDF's as well!

@FeReNGi

I plan to have it included soon, I dont think it will make next beta though. I still have alot of work I want to complete before I send it in for the beta releases.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Added _ComputerGetSystemProduct, _ComputerGetBootConfig Updated Spelling errors and misc items in CompInfoExamples.au3

I will try to add 1-2 items a day until I complete the previous list. Let me know if there are any other items anyone would like to see.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

were you going to do that wrapper for _computergetmem? i think that would be nice...

also perhaps a _computergetvirtualcddrive...

also the test _computergetOSs doesnt fit on my screen cuts off at total visible memory size

and _computergetsoftware doesnt retrieve all the software alot of the time the variables are blank

Edited by jzn2

were you going to do that wrapper for _computergetmem? i think that would be nice...

also perhaps a _computergetvirtualcddrive...

also the test _computergetOSs doesnt fit on my screen cuts off at total visible memory size

and _computergetsoftware doesnt retrieve all the software alot of the time the variables are blank

I dont believe it would be worth my while to wrap up the Mem functions as they sit, but I have been looking into a WMI replacement that would contain more useful information. Also alot of my current functions already have alot of the memory information in them.

If you notice in my examples file I have marked with a comment those examples that really dont work well with a MsgBox().

_ComputerGetSoftware() is retrieving all of the software. You just need to remove the blank entries from the list. If there is some software that is installed, and shows in other software lists, but not in mine please let me know. I will also do some research into why there are some that are blank. My guess is the "DisplayName" is empty, and I may need to find a bit more information about the software to display, so you know what it is. I will check into this further.

I think my _ComputerGetDrives() would get the VCD Drive... I havent tested. I am 75% sure that my _ComputerGetCDROMs() will definitely get those drive's information. I will test that as well once I create that one.

jzn2, I really appreciate your interest in this project. I have been working on it for quite some time now. It seems alot of people like it due to the number of downloads, and emails I have recieved.

Thanks again,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

I figure these UDF's would be a great addition to following autoit releases and you have shown alot of great work!

I actually have two OS's installed on my PC is there a way to detect the second or perhaps detect the origional via a live cd? or does the operating system have to be running in order to detect it?

I figure these UDF's would be a great addition to following autoit releases and you have shown alot of great work!

I actually have two OS's installed on my PC is there a way to detect the second or perhaps detect the origional via a live cd? or does the operating system have to be running in order to detect it?

There are some WMI calls that seem to be able to detect, I would have to test them on such a system. What 2 OS's do you have installed?

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

There are some WMI calls that seem to be able to detect, I would have to test them on such a system. What 2 OS's do you have installed?

JS

I don't suppose reading from the boot.ini file would be of any use? I think it just lists windows OSes...

Added _ComputerGetNetworkCards

I hope this helps someone.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Hi,

this udf seems to be great :"> .

I wonder if it could be use to identify the computer on which an app is running. For security reasons I would like a script to run on some computers, only if some hardware components are identified. I'm thinking about id checks on hard drive, network card and cpu.

I'm not familiar with this udf and non tweakable hardware settings. Do someone could help me identifying hardware settings that woudl be interesting for such a use ?

@jsthePatriot

Can you add an udf for getting the qutoa on a windows 2003 R2 ??

You will have to further describe what you mean. I dont know what a "quota" on a Win2k3 R2 machine is.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Hi,

this udf seems to be great :"> .

I wonder if it could be use to identify the computer on which an app is running. For security reasons I would like a script to run on some computers, only if some hardware components are identified. I'm thinking about id checks on hard drive, network card and cpu.

I'm not familiar with this udf and non tweakable hardware settings. Do someone could help me identifying hardware settings that woudl be interesting for such a use ?

I appreciate the support and wanting to use this library, I do believe what you are wanting to accomplish is completely do-able with this library.

First things first. Decide which components you want to check to besure are there, or are the correct one's, and then let me know and I will point you to the proper UDF with an example.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

On a windows 2003 R2 you can define quota's on the disks.

Lets say a quota of 200 mb on the disk and ohters qutoa's

I need to list them...

Ah okay... That is something that is in the WMI settings... I will check into it, and provide an option to use AutoIt native functions or WMI functions on _ComputerGetDrives()

I'll post when I get an update on that for you.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

The Two OS's i have installed are Windows XP Pro and Windows XP MCE... I heard there really is no way to tell the difference between the two.. and recently i Installed Windows Vista x64 RC1... if you would like i could test what you have so far on Vista... although in the tests it would be nice to have an exit key built in so i dont have to run through the entirety of the more extensive udf's... I also have the ability to install a linux OS Ubuntu dristro x86 and x64.. i was wanting to run it from the live cd of ubuntu or bartPE to detect the installed OS's

Hardware

[*]_ComputerGetQuickFixEngineering

I know Microsoft calls it QFE, but can you maybe make it _ComputerGetHotfixes or _ComputerGetPatches since that what it really queries?

*Edit* Great work! I definitely intend to use your code in some upcoming projects I have on my plate.

Edited by c0deWorm

My UDFs: ExitCodes