_HyperEdit

ivan

Right,

Couple of improvement. now cannot update browser and able to modify a single cell in a table.

I'd really appreciate some feedback, anyone.

The idea is to provide an alternative the lack of text formatting, embedding rich media of the Edit control.

I'm off home to bed now, but tell me what you think.

Regards,

IVAN

_HyperEdit.zip

Edited by ivan

Oops, better name!

Since no comments were made, i'll criticise myself then!

I think a more suitable name to a tool like this, without distancing from gui controls which people are used to is a label, or something like HyperLabel.

Why Label?? it displays info with format. This isn't a "control" either, and no confusion should arise.

Why not Edit?

Just thought that edit controls are meant for the user to edit text, so, "_HyperEdit" won't make much sense, Unless it evolves to some type of wysiwig where EDITING could take place.

Nor would it be suitable to call it Embedded browser Edit Control .

IVAN

Hi Ivan,

I'd suggest that you add a few sentences to the base note here explaining a little more about what this is, what people can do with it and what your vision for it might me.

Perhaps a couple of compelling examples as well.

You'd then probably get a lot more people looking at it.

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thanks for the reply guys.

I was becoming a bit anxious that the subject would not raise interest. I know now that a poor explanation was given.

Gafrost pointed out that the discussion on forms was already raised (hence GuiBuilder and Form Designer), but this is somewhat different.

This is about RICH MEDIA really, how info is displayed to the user and how a gui can be made to look good.

No Autoit control can support some of the most attractive design file formats, say Flash, Director shockwave movies, animated gifs, embedding graphics in a text box and so on... But browsers do, and ie.au3 now provides the means with which we can put rich media embedded in a gui via a browser.

My script here is far from started with that goal in mind. This is not meant to replace any control, rather, a means to supply a graphical enhancement to a graphical user interface.

Regards,

IVAN

Edited by ivan