Window question

How do you determine which window is behind the current window?

EDIT:

This scenario applies to having a window active, and another one maximized...but generically, an array of windows behind the active one would be fine.

Edited by VicTT

Together we might liveDivided we must fall

I don't like gaining posts through truisms, but if it has to be like that..

Lets try being less of a dick. than you wouldn't be gaing posts.
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

"than" is incorrectly used in this situation..Try "then", learn some grammar, and then you can post about people being dicks, that is of course, if you learn enough AutoIt as not to post useless replies...

But then again, why ignore stupidity?I'm only trying to help you out of your misery, and since I can't send you a gun, I can only try to point out that you are both illiterate, and useless to this topic, and thus, ask you to kindly get a brain before posting..You can always try internet schooling..I hear it can help even the most hopeless of cases..

"than" is incorrectly used in this situation..Try "then", learn some grammar, and then you can post about people being dicks, that is of course, if you learn enough AutoIt as not to post useless replies...

But then again, why ignore stupidity?I'm only trying to help you out of your misery, and since I can't send you a gun, I can only try to point out that you are both illiterate, and useless to this topic, and thus, ask you to kindly get a brain before posting..You can always try internet schooling..I hear it can help even the most hopeless of cases..

You can take your english lessons to a forum that cares.

Thats a pretty rude thing to do, ask for help, then insult and correct the grammar of the person who went out of their way to help you. Whether or not the help they provided was usefull to you

I'm only trying to help you out of your misery

You asked the question that was too vague to clearly understand, and now You are having such a cow over grammar, the one post that i would've replied to this thread with a statement containing an answer to your question, i am using to say this

well good luck getting your problem solved!

Thank you Paulie

Thats amazing, sorry for reading your post first, right after I woke up. I'm going to ignore everything you have stated. I'll also stop responding until you show some sense, and get back to your own topic.

Heres a simple way... since you still lack any kind of details.

Functions needed:

RegWrite

_ArrayAdd

_ArrayDelete

Edited by strate
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

Well Paulie..I wish you well in your quest to make the AutoIt forums a better place from scum like me...Unlike you, my high-post count, big mouthed, and savior of the damned 'friend', I will not speak in the name of all the users on this forum when I say that you should take your off-topic criticism to someone that cares..I speak only in my name, as opposed to yourself, that speaks in the name of the forum ("You can take your english lessons to a forum that cares")

In other news, Paulie..You have not contributed to this thread any more than I have when I first insulted a valuable high-post count member such as yourself..But since your quest for morality has blinded you from seeing the obvious, I leave you to your measly ponderings, and go on with someone that actually knows what he's doing (unlike strate), and is willing to help me (unlike you)..

The show must go on even without bigots such as you..Good day

And as for strate..I was merely pointing out that WinList in itself, hasn't got much to do with my question, since I am searching for windows that are VISIBLE, and BEHIND the active window..So if I were to stack 10 windows on top of each other, and fill the rest of the screen with other windows, I would only be interested in finding the windows that are..let's say..on the last level of the stack of windows...That is to say, the first window of the 10 stacked upon another, and the other windows that are visible..

As I've now made my question easy to answer, I am sure that sanity still exists between forum members, at a level that far exceeds the show I witnessed..So everybody, have a go at it..It shouldn't be too hard, if even Paulie knows the answer..

• Moderators

I had the same idea larry, but... I'm noticing that windows like AutoInfo tool that have WinSetOnTop() style of control are stealing focus away from the actual window that is on top even when it's (AutoInfo) is minimized:

$StackedWins = _WinStack()
If IsArray($StackedWins) Then
    For $i = 1 To UBound($StackedWins) - 1
        MsgBox(64, 'Info:', 'Stack - Window ' & $i & ' in the stack is: ' & $StackedWins[$i])
    Next
EndIf

Func _WinStack()
    Local $aWinList = WinList(), $nCount = 0, $aStacked = ''
    For $i = 1 To UBound($aWinList) - 1
        If BitAND(WinGetState($aWinList[$i][0]), 2) And _
            $aWinList[$i][0] <> '' Then
            $nCount += 1
            If $nCount > 1 Then $aStacked &= $aWinList[$i][0] & Chr(01)
        EndIf
    Next
    ;Return an array without the primary window that is active
    If $aStacked <> '' Then Return StringSplit(StringTrimRight($aStacked, 1), Chr(01))
    Return 0
EndFunc
So it's not returning a true "stack" (Well I think it is, but doesn't give the desired results).

Edit:

Sorry, this is supposed to return all the windows except the "currently" active one.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thank you loads, Larry :D..Yep..That would be me..Well, strats..Even though I somehow seem to think that you didn't know all this inside technical information about how WinList works, you deserve an apology since you led me, unknowingly even, on the right track :wacko:..No..really..thanks :D..And as for Larry..Keep up the good work..That MouseHook is really paying off..beats the shit out of polling _IsPressed("1")..Why go to the mountain, when the mountain can come to you?

Well, strats..Even though I somehow seem to think that you didn't know all this inside technical information about how WinList works, you deserve an apology since you led me, unknowingly even, on the right track :D..No..really..thanks :wacko:.

Thank you, not a big deal really. I assumed it had a pattern to how it pulled list, even though I was thinking it had to do with the handle.

Well Paulie..I wish you well in your quest to make the AutoIt forums a better place from scum like me...Unlike you, my high-post count, big mouthed, and savior of the damned 'friend', I will not speak in the name of all the users on this forum when I say that you should take your off-topic criticism to someone that cares..I speak only in my name, as opposed to yourself, that speaks in the name of the forum ("You can take your english lessons to a forum that cares")

In other news, Paulie..You have not contributed to this thread any more than I have when I first insulted a valuable high-post count member such as yourself..But since your quest for morality has blinded you from seeing the obvious, I leave you to your measly ponderings, and go on with someone that actually knows what he's doing (unlike strate), and is willing to help me (unlike you)..

The show must go on even without bigots such as you..Good day

And as for strate..I was merely pointing out that WinList in itself, hasn't got much to do with my question, since I am searching for windows that are VISIBLE, and BEHIND the active window..So if I were to stack 10 windows on top of each other, and fill the rest of the screen with other windows, I would only be interested in finding the windows that are..let's say..on the last level of the stack of windows...That is to say, the first window of the 10 stacked upon another, and the other windows that are visible..

As I've now made my question easy to answer, I am sure that sanity still exists between forum members, at a level that far exceeds the show I witnessed..So everybody, have a go at it..It shouldn't be too hard, if even Paulie knows the answer..

hey, don't call me off-topic, i was simply saying that the attitude you took toward someone(who gave you the answer you were looking for) SUCKED. (and thats not to say that even if he tried to help you, but you didn't find his post helpful, you then have the right to insult him)

I don't see why you feel so threatened as to feel a need to throw insults at me, when i never even insulted you

when i talked on behalf of the forum, i feel it was in good taste,

you must agree, if every thread was replied to, just to correct grammatical/spelling errors, the forum would be a mad house with billions of posts, (i'm sure i have several spelling/grammar errors in this post alone). As long as you can understand the sentence, it doesn't merit correction. and YOUR the one spamming posts just to say you spelled "Then" wrong

I don't consider my post count high at all, and even if i did, it means nothing, which is another reason that i felt that your post spamming accusation was pointless,

anyway, i have nothing personal against you, i just don't think those attitudes are necessary on this forum, which is centered around people helping other people, not insulting them

i simply didn't contribute to the post, because firstly, i could hardly understand the question, secondly, i feel that being supported on this forum is a privilege, not a right, and if someone acts up, what better way to reprimand them?

Again, nothing personal :D just me

Reprimanding people is to be done with just cause, and I don't think that you WANT to see what he got corrected&insulted for...But let me enlighten you, anyway:

Lets try being less of a dick. than you wouldn't be gaing posts.

Now if I were someone that just stated something in attempt to let people know that I am still looking for help on my matter, and that strate's response has not shed any light for me upon the solution of my problem, I'd feel pretty insulted..

Not to mention what were to happen if in reponse to my post(meant to get the thread back into the attention of the members I genuinely think can help me), someone starts spamming (in my view) my topic with "You are a bad man, sir..If you think me and my compatriots will ever help someone such as yourself, thou art sadly mistaken, sir"(even though the grammar was less impecable)-like replies, that neither help me in my problem, nor make me have a positive attitude towards the someones in the future..

anyway, i have nothing personal against you, i just don't think those attitudes are necessary on this forum, which is centered around people helping other people, not insulting them

Well...I don't really see the help I'm getting when you try to reprimand me.."But that's just me"..I'm not going to go in deep assumptions about who you are, and what your motives are..Let's just comment on the above:

hey, don't call me off-topic, i was simply saying that the attitude you took toward someone(who gave you the answer you were looking for) SUCKED

Who are you to determine that my attitude sucked?Was I a "dick", perhaps?I don't think that in calling me a dick, he was expecting my heartly apologies for a post that, I don't really think I (properly) insulted him in a direct way. The fact that he started having a hostile attitude towards me, only suggests that he was in search of a similar hostile answer. Since I'm not the hypocrite, I will relate the facts, as I see them, without any mistruths..And yes, my decision of reformulating my light criticism into a full-fledged insult, was determined by his unnecesary violent retaliation to my words.

What I do believe is an old saying my country which roughly translates to: "You recognize a genius when all the dumb people oppose him". I'm not a genius, but if I were, I'd be pretty ashamed of how a simple remark was treated by someone that didn't even help me as I saw it(something I believe would have happened if he provided sample code using the WinList function, which would have been just great, and would have made me forgive his "dick" transgressions)...

I don't consider my post count high at all, and even if i did, it means nothing, which is another reason that i felt that your post spamming accusation was pointless,

Well..let's see..I've been a member since the 3rd of April 2005, which is about 11 months before you became a member..I've had about 4 or 5 bug reports that made it to the Beta helpfile (you can search for VicTT) since then, and yet I only have 327 posts..It only took you, on the other hand, 2 months to gain 460 posts...That pretty much sums it up, if I take the time to notice that 80% of your active posts are in the Support forum (61% of my active posts are in the Support forum too, but I'm usually either asking a question or answering one, depending on the (time of) day)..And since I can do easy math like putting 2 and 2 together, I'll conclude that your high post count could have been reached through numerous "condescending savior of the damned asshole" comments to people posting legitimate questions..It was an assumption, just like your assumption that I somehow had to be banned from help by the WHOLE AutoIt forum(something that was in good taste for you :wacko:)..

Again, nothing personal :D just me

It's good to know that you didn't have any base to your behaviour towards me..Being subjected to random bigotry is becoming my pass-time activity, it seems..

I don't see why you feel so threatened as to feel a need to throw insults at me, when i never even insulted you

Are you sure you haven't insulted me?Because from what I can tell, since you purposedly ignore the nature of my misdemeanors towards strate, an order such as

You can take your english lessons to a forum that cares.

,the way you associated with strate by defending him, and, of course, how he accepted this association by "thanking you, Paulie", could have sounded pretty insulting towards someone that needed help, and all he could get is one person making another person not help him (if not for this exchange of posts with strate, you would have agreed to help me..but all I could get was admonishing behaviour regarding something I had done with right at my side). And that is something that brings(and brought) me to the "genius" saying..How can you not get pissed when people oppose you just because you're not like them..(a dick?)..and you're arguing with a fellow member about his attitude...The spirit of the herd soon pops in, and before you know it, you have zounds of members that "were thinking the same thing about my mean remarks" (people that should probably drink their milk before spilling blood just for the sake of recognition)..That is what you were doing to my topic..I've seen it done a thousand times, and even if it was not intentional, it would have happened anyway...Now do you understand my frustration? Edited by VicTT

Now if I were someone that just stated something in attempt to let people know that I am still looking for help on my matter, and that strate's response has not shed any light for me upon the solution of my problem, I'd feel pretty insulted..

He already gave you your help, you replied back accusing him of being a post spammer, which was rude and unnecessary, especially since he tried to help you, and he said that to show you that you were acting like a dick.

I don't think that in calling me a dick, he was expecting my heartly apologies for a post that, I don't really think I (properly) insulted him in a direct way.

well who are you to know how directly or properly he took it, if that were me, and i went out of my my way to help you, i'da called you a dick too

I'd be pretty ashamed of how a simple remark was treated by someone that didn't even help me(something I believe would have happened if he provided sample code using the WinList function, which would have been just great

well thats not arrogant at all, i guess his sugestion wasn't too your standards since it bears no code or maybe you just wanted him to write your program for you,

You deserve to be helped right?, and he didn't do it properly, hell, he actually expected YOU to stop being lazy and actually look at the "Winlist" Function in the helpfile HA!

Well..let's see..I've been a member since the 3rd of April 2005, which is about 11 months before you became a member..I've had about 4 or 5 bug reports that made it to the Beta helpfile (you can search for VicTT) since then, and yet I only have 327 posts

Good for you...

and yet I only have 327 posts

and that matters why?

..It only took you, on the other hand, 2 months to gain 460 posts...That pretty much sums it up

Oh... Does it now?

if I take the time to notice that 80% of your active posts are in the Support forum (61% of my active posts are in the Support forum too, but I'm usually either asking a question or answering one, depending on the (time of) day)

What are you implying, that I come to this forum just to spam posts? Why the hell would i do that? We already covered this i think, Post count means nothing, If i see someone with 5000 posts, i don't respect them any more or less than someone with 500, Even if they only have one post, and show in it that they know what they're talking about, i respect someone based on their experience and knowledge, not posts.

..And since I can do easy math like putting 2 and 2 together, I'll conclude that your high post count could have been reached through numerous "condescending savior of the damned asshole" comments to people posting legitimate questions..

It appears, that you can't do any math, because thats not true, just because you have less posts in more time then I have, does not mean I am a spammer, i'm just more active than you are, and theres nothing wrong with that, what makes your opinion on how often i post a standard? Your using circular logic :

"well, You posted more than me, and since the way i use the forum is the way everyone uses the forum, he must be spamming"

I just use the forum more than you.

"It was an assumption" (forum wouldn't allow quotes here... ???? i dunnow why.)

It was a wrong Assumption

just like your assumption that I somehow had to be banned from help by the WHOLE AutoIt forum

When did I say you should be banned, that was my personal view on how I handle it when people are rude, I don't help them, never said you should be banned or anything

Where did that come from?

(something that was in good taste for you :D)..

You are using my code out of context,

what i said was in good taste, was having the forum not bother correcting grammar, it had nothing to do with you

Edited by Larry

Who ever thought there could be so much drama on a forum about a scripting program. I feel like I just watched an episode of "The Real World: AutoIt Forums Extreme". :D

:D

:wacko:

so true...

Edit:

why didn't the quote graphics come up in my last post?

Edited by Paulie

• Moderators

:D

:wacko:

so true...

Edit:

why didn't the quote graphics come up in my last post?

It's like code (Every Func needs an EndFunc), your syntax is wrong :D

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

It's like code (Every Func needs an EndFunc), your syntax is wrong :D

but i put a [/ quote] in there, just like the one when i quote you here Edited by Paulie