Applications that never use tray icons don't need the pause icon

Hi Gang,

I write a number of applications that don't use an icon. No I'm not a virus author :D , but I use them as part of installers to kill my main applications, which I suppose is a little mischeavious :wacko: . I would like the compiler to not embed the Pause icon and the Plus icon (what is that for anyways?) when no tray icon calls are ever made, save #notrayicon.

Thanks,

Christian

Christian Blackburn, A+, Network+

Remove the icons from AutoItSC.bin using Resource Hacker and compile your script.

Might consider backing up AutoItSC.bin first :wacko:

Edit : Yeah... why on earth did you choose to post this in the Bug Reports ?

Support maybe ? :D

Edited by Helge

Hi Gang,

I can see that some people are having issues with the number of posts I write. That's ubsurd. A lot of feedback will get a lot of results, no feedback will create a program that almost nobody will want to use. I make no apologies for helping myself and everyone else in the process.

Is this bug? Yes. The bug is artwork that isn't being used is added to exes. A program doesn't have to crash for it to be a bug. I started testing software professionally in 1999. I'm using the same definitions as the largest software company in the world, Microsoft (where I used to work). A bug fix can also be the result of a new feature, in this case a more optimized compiler. Whether or not you think it's a bug or a feature request is entirely irrelevant, what is relevant is should or shouldn't this be implemented. It's of little concern to me what you want to call it.

Thanks,

Christian Blackburn

Edited by Christian Blackburn

Hi Manadar,

It's almost like they got fed up with propgramming, so they just thaught of a way to throw the exe and script into one exe, and be done with it.

I couldn't have put it better myself. However, maybe I can look forward to that changing in 4.0 or something.

Cheers,

Christian

So long as we're all agreement that we have no freaking idea what that's there for :D . The treeview is an instantiatable windows component so we wouldn't need to store any artwork for that. However, I think you were just saying that's what it looks like, not that's what it is.

Christian, it's not the number of posts, it's the location you post in and the quality of your posts.

First, you post things in the bug reports forum that are not bugs. That's annoying.

Second, the quality of some (not all, but some) of your posts is dubious at best. Quite honestly, you're nit-picky. Bitching about an unused icon or a 628-byte manifest file is absurd. If you're going to nit-pick every little thing you disagree with, find another language. I think I speak for every one of the developers when I say we aren't going to needless complicate our own lives just to save a few bytes here and there.

And don't even think about suggesting having more than one AutoItSC.bin like you already have. My personal goal is to eliminate AutoItSC.bin altogether as it's no longer necessary. The last thing I want to see is more of them.

When you sit down to make a post, make sure that it's a genuine issue to more than just you. And if it's something that's going to make developing or maintaining AutoIt more difficult, you can completely forget it unless it's something massive.

And to all of you whining about the compiler, let's see you write a compiler from scratch that can convert a language to machine code. It sounds all nice and simple until you actually get a clue how such things work. Then suddenly it's not so simple anymore. Forgive us for not devoting a year or more to working on such a compiler.