Open Scheduled Tasks system folder and edit tasks

Can't find a way to do this nicely, so it's time for brute force. I need to edit the properties of an existing task and create a new scheduled task. A search has only turned up references to SCHTSK.exe utility, which will not do what I need (config multeple schedules for the task). So I intend to open the existing task's properties and script the GUI to get what I want. Then pop the Add Scheduled Task wizard and script that GUI...

(PLEASE tell me I'm missing an easier way!) :D

I see in the registry what I think is a Class ID (CLSID) of {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} for Scheduled Tasks, and it references "mstask.dll,-3408". Can I make direct calls to that DLL from autoit and do scheduled task stuff?

:wacko:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

wait so what doesn't schtsk do that you want? i've used it from time to time and it seems to be able to do anything the GUI can...

When you're making a task it lets you schedule it for anythime you want.

SCHTASKS.EXE (I typo'd it before.)

Need to create a new task with multiple (two) schedules: When computer starts, and a daily time. Guess I could just create a single task for either, but... well... wahh! :D

That's the official answer, it seems, just break multiple schedules into a seperate task for each schedule time. Started chasing the hard way... again...

Edit: found switch onstart for schedule definition.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law