How Would YOU design this?

Hello Guys,

I have an interface for a quiz that I use that I would like to redesign in AutoIT. What I would like to know is how you would do it. Basically I'm going to design the frame I guess and then some sort of html files as the question pages. I will also create a tool for users to be able to input / create their own questions / topics that will be saved in INI's. Any thoughts suggestions on how to do this or how you would do it?

Posted Image

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

HI,

why using html? I would do everything with Autoit and just Autoit. :D

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Basically I'm going to design the frame I guess and then some sort of html files as the question pages. I will

HTML? Do you want to "just" create the HTML pages for a test that runs on a webserver or do you

want to build your own testing tool?

If you just create the HTML pages, then you will also have to create some "CGIs" that react on the several POST requests of the HTML pages. I guess that's possible but kind of "messy". I would do the whole thing in AutoIT. You can put the questions into an INI file, however you CANNOT put the answers in the INI file for obvious reasons :-)) So, if you want to give the test takers a feedback about their test results, you'll have to make it a client server architecture. Your GUI is the client, which get's the INI file via TCP from the server. After the test taker has answered all questions you'll send the results to the server, which checks the answers against a second INI file which contains all answers. After that the server will send the test results (percentage of correct answers) to the client (your GUI). Obviously the client and server cannot run on the same system, as the test taker could then easily cheat.

INI File for the client:

[Question 1]

Question = Which of the following is a network ....

Answer_A = Local Host

Answer_B = Server

Number_of_Answers = 1

[Question 2]

Question = Which of the following is a penguin ....

Answer_A = Win

Answer_B = Linux

Answer_C = MacOS

Answer_D = Penguin

Number_of_Answers = 2

INI File for the server:

[Question 1]

Answers = B

[Question 2]

Answers = B,D

You will have to create the GUI according to the questions in the INI file. So, for Q1 the test taker can only select ONE answer, while for Q2 he HAS to select TWO answers. You should enforce that!

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

This is going to be done completely in AutoIT. I am going to use INI's. This is not really a top notch teacher / student tool but rather a tool to allow people to learn. Cheating is not a problem as the user would be only cheating themselves.

Basically I would like more information on how you would design the GUI. Would you create parent and child setup and just change the child on "Next" button? Not sure on this cause I haven't done alot of GUI work.

Suggestions

P.S Thank you both very much for your input but don't stop there :D

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

Agree with above replies, html pages are bit overhead here.

If I would make this, I would use single GUI. Radiobuttons are created dynamically according to answers number (though they are can be created statically, and you then just show only needed). Radiobuttons control ID's are in array, so you can easily got answer index.

Basically I would like more information on how you would design the GUI. Would you create parent and child setup and just change the child on "Next" button? Not sure on this cause I haven't done alot of GUI work.

Why not just design it like the one shown in the screenshot? Looks pretty nice.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Why not just design it like the one shown in the screenshot? Looks pretty nice.

Cheers

Kurt

That is what I am planning but I am unsure of the Gui part of it. Does the internal question area of it update or is it a child or just the whole interface updates on next?