Script Show/Hide Inactive Taskbar Tray Icons?

I have a program on my system (APC PowerChute Personal Edition) that leaves an icon in the taskbar tray that I prefer to hide. Sometimes the icon appears because Windows doesn't recognize the name of the icon and lists it in the Customize Notifications dialog as "No name". (I've tried delaying the initial loading of the item, but that doesn't help.)

Does anyone know a way of scripting the Taskbar Customize Notifications dialog so that anything named (or sort-of-named) <No Name> will be set to "Always Hide"?

I've been trying to figure this one out for weeks, and can't think of a way to do it.

Many thanks.

I'm not sure I know what you are trying to do. If you need to hide the tray icon just add this line to the beggining of your script:

Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)

If it is a program that is not an AutoIt script you could somehow make and autoit script to hide the icon and put it in your sceduled tasks (on startup) and everytime you start your computer the autoit program would run and hide the tray icon.

Hope i helped...

- Dan [Website]

Yes, the question was "HOW do I write a script that hides another program's tray icon?" That's exactly what I'm trying to do - NOT hide the icon of my own script.

Do you have any thoughts on how such a script might be written - what the commands might be?

Thanks again.