Get emails or custom messages from website

Hi folks:

I need some kind of program to recieve emails or messages sent by website. let's look closer:

assume that i have one website that offer online food ordering system. so when a new order placed by user, restaurant owner needs to be informed by mail without using Outlook or other mail clients. one other good example is Yahoo Messenger email notification mechanism.

Any Ideas or comments appreciated.

The more I learn the less I know!

Any Ideas or comments appreciated.

well, I guess there is a lot you could do with AutoIT, but to get to a stage where you can use your "script" as a full replacement for an E-Mail server AND client, that will take quite some while. So I really recommend to use the tools that are available. What's wrong with Outlook? If it's the price, get a free E-Mail client. There are plenty of them available on the internet.

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

There is no problem with Outlook.

But I need custom application to inform new email arrival. like instant messengers.

But anyway thanks for your comments.

Edited by silvercover

The more I learn the less I know!

There is no problem with Outlook.

But I need custom application to inform new email arrival. like instant messengers.

But anyway thanks for your comments.

I haven't see the Yahoo tool you mention, but this sort of thing could be accomplished with the function of IE.au3 in the beta. With IE.au3 you can create an invisible browser instance and manipulate forms and retrieve html and text from the page and then create custom alerts as warranted.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble