_INetSmtpMailCom

Was wondering if you could, doesnt seem to work for me. If I put in the "from" section an email, it still returns my email from the smtp server.

thats a shame..

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

You can make an email appear to be "from" whatever address you want. However, you should make sure you're using the mail server provided by your ISP, since many ISPs require you to use their mail server for this function. That way if you start spamming loads of spoofed emails they can find out who you are and shut off your service. The mail server will be different depending on the ISP you have, but it will probably be something like smtp.yourprovider.com or mail.yourprovider.com (or .net or whatever domain they use for their internet services).

If you are indeed using the correct server, it's possible that your ISP doesn't allow emails to be "from" a nonexistant address, and/or they only allow emails to be "from" an address that is @ their domain. I've never heard of such a security measure, but it can probably be done.

Edited by Sokko

• Developers

Oh, im not talking about

_INetSmtpMail

Im talking about

_INetSmtpMailCom

I don't see the difference between the 2 functions as far as allowing email spoofing........

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Well, the second function, you can use, like, gmails smtp, but, it says its been sent from whichever gmail you use to login to:

Say, in the username section, for it to log into the smtp, you put

Username and in password section, Password, then you send the email, regardless of if youve got "someome@hahaspoofed.com" in the "from", it will just say its from Username@gmail.com

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

• Developers

Well, the second function, you can use, like, gmails smtp, but, it says its been sent from whichever gmail you use to login to:

Say, in the username section, for it to log into the smtp, you put

Username and in password section, Password, then you send the email, regardless of if youve got "someome@hahaspoofed.com" in the "from", it will just say its from Username@gmail.com

Yes.... so that is GMail anti spam mechanism.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)