Anti-virus - eliminate false positives

Idea: Couldn't each new release of AutoIT code, production or beta, be automatically submitted (via an automated AutoIT script of course) to the various antivirus vendors at time of release to exclude them from their signature patterns?

I know it would be some extra work for Jon to set it up and initially liaise with the anti-virus vendors...

That way the signature patterns would possibly be updated in time to eliminate false positives being so frequently reported in these forums.

Idea: Couldn't each new release of AutoIT code, production or beta, be automatically submitted (via an automated AutoIT script of course) to the various antivirus vendors at time of release to exclude them from their signature patterns?

I know it would be some extra work for Jon to set it up and initially liaise with the anti-virus vendors...

That way the signature patterns would possibly be updated in time to eliminate false positives being so frequently reported in these forums.

Problem is, What companys to send it to, will they accept it, will they react fast enough

I believe this has been tried by either Jon or another of the developers in the past, and the Anti-Virus companies have refused to accept and work with us.

Jon has kept AutoIt pretty simple to detect what is going on inside the script in part for Anti-Virus companies, but they still to my knowledge have yet to accept our signature files.

These are my thoughts and memories. (Correct or Not...Who knows?) :whistle:

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Finally got a reply... ( Mass emailed them )

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

The file you have provided us was sent for analysis. Once the file is analyzed

and it is confirmed it is identified by AVG incorrectly, it will be removed from

detection in the nearest update. You will be also informed about this fact.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding, it is appreciated.

Best regards,

Ladislav Mlcak

AVG Technical Support

mailto: technicalsupport@grisoft.com

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:55:16 -0400 you wrote:

> The list is getting bigger.. now its hitting the "restore" files

>

>

>

>

> Thanks

> Valuater