Console font for dos mode programs?

I'm running a dos-mode program using AutoIt and I'd like to be able to specify the font dimensions- this determines the default window dimensions. You can see the choices windows offers if you check out the properties of a desktop shortcut that points to a dos-mode executeable: the defaut is 8x12 pixels, but 6x8 is much more compact but reasonably readable.

This option can also be accessed by right-clicking on the title bar of the console window, but I'd really rather not go through all the GUI interaction I'd need to *fix* the font size after the program starts every time, and then reposition the window.

Thanks!

I'm running a dos-mode program using AutoIt and I'd like to be able to specify the font dimensions- this determines the default window dimensions. You can see the choices windows offers if you check out the properties of a desktop shortcut that points to a dos-mode executeable: the defaut is 8x12 pixels, but 6x8 is much more compact but reasonably readable.

This option can also be accessed by right-clicking on the title bar of the console window, but I'd really rather not go through all the GUI interaction I'd need to *fix* the font size after the program starts every time, and then reposition the window.

Thanks!

Check out the registry at HKCU\Console\ and see what changes to what when you manualy set the font, etc. Won't take long to figure out which setting you want. Setting the same key values in HKU\Default\Console will make it the default for new users. I don't remember if it can be seen in (maybe?) HKLM\SYSTEM\Console?

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Rightclick on the title bar.

You should read someones post in its entirety before posting a reply :whistle:.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Check out the registry at HKCU\Console\ and see what changes to what when you manualy set the font, etc. Won't take long to figure out which setting you want. Setting the same key values in HKU\Default\Console will make it the default for new users. I don't remember if it can be seen in (maybe?) HKLM\SYSTEM\Console?

Addition to PsaltyDS

RegWrite('HKCU\Console\%SystemRoot%_system32_cmd.exe','FontSize','REG_DWORD','Your fontsize')

Addition to PsaltyDS

RegWrite('HKCU\Console\%SystemRoot%_system32_cmd.exe','FontSize','REG_DWORD','Your fontsize')oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×zajܲ+Nl±¥º1ÛZë+mçè®f­¶)àúÇƬ­ê®zË^u«­¢+ÙI]É¥Ñ Ìäí!-
TÀäÈí
½¹Í½±ÀäÈìMåÍѵI½½Ð}ÍåÍÑ´ÌÉ}µ¹áÌäì°Ìäí9µÌäì°ÌäíI}MhÌäì°ÌäíQɵ¥¹°Ìäì¤)I]É¥Ñ Ìäí!-
TÀäÈí
½¹Í½±ÀäÈìMåÍѵI½½Ð}ÍåÍÑ´ÌÉ}µ¹áÌäì°Ìäí½¹Ñµ¥±äÌäì°ÌäíI}]=IÌäì°ÁàÀÀÀÀÀÀÌÀ¤)I]É¥Ñ Ìäí!-
TÀäÈí
½¹Í½±ÀäÈìMåÍѵI½½Ð}ÍåÍÑ´ÌÉ}µ¹áÌäì°Ìäí½¹ÑM¥éÌäì°ÌäíI}]=IÌäì°ÁàÀÀÀàÀÀÀؤ)I]É¥Ñ Ìäí!-
TÀäÈí
½¹Í½±ÀäÈìMåÍѵI½½Ð}ÍåÍÑ´ÌÉ}µ¹áÌäì°Ìäí½¹Ñ]¥¡ÐÌäì°ÌäíI}]=IÌäì°ÁàÀÀÀÀÀÉ  ¤oÝ÷ ØÚyö®Ö®¶­se&Vuw&FRb33´´5Rb3#´6öç6öÆRb3#²U77FVÕ&ö÷BU÷77FVÓ36ÖBæWRb33²Âb33´f6TæÖRb33²Âb33µ$Tuõ5¢b33²Âb33²b33²¥&Vuw&FRb33´´5Rb3#´6öç6öÆRb3#²U77FVÕ&ö÷BU÷77FVÓ36ÖBæWRb33²Âb33´föçDfÖÇb33²Âb33µ$TuôEtõ$Bb33²Â¥&Vuw&FRb33´´5Rb3#´6öç6öÆRb3#²U77FVÕ&ö÷BU÷77FVÓ36ÖBæWRb33²Âb33´föçE6¦Rb33²Âb33µ$TuôEtõ$Bb33²Â¥&Vuw&FRb33´´5Rb3#´6öç6öÆRb3#²U77FVÕ&ö÷BU÷77FVÓ36ÖBæWRb33²Âb33´föçEvVvBb33²Âb33µ$TuôEtõ$Bb33²Â

Change the registry path to HKU\.DEFAULT\Console\... to make it the default for new users and system account.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law