$20 reward for autoit or your site

This is a guess, but I suspect your winsock is damaged. Have you tried to repair it? Try this site for more information: http://www.cit.cornell.edu/computer/securi...are/repair.html.

You also could do the following:

1. Go to the various antivirus websites and run a online scan to see if your machine is still infected. If so, follow what that website says as far as cleaning it. Usually they will provide manual instructions. (Not always)

2. Run scans with every spyware tool you can find to see if that is the problem. SpybotSD, Adaware, webroot, HijackThis and Windows Defender are some.

3. Use HijackThis to scan it. Post your results to a spyware forum (Not here!) to have someone review it.

4. You can download what you need from another PC, and save that to a flash drive. Take the files, and transfer them to your PC.

5. Try 7-zip to unzip stuff.

Since you also keep mentioning money, take the PC to a local PC shop and see if they can fix it. (Couldn't hurt)

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, BACK UP YOUR DATA. Any tech worth their weight in salt will tell you before they make a attempt to repairing the problem will say to the effect: They are not responsible for your data. You are. If data is lost, you have to restore it from backup.

Edited by vollyman

If you're running XP SP2 the following command from your run screen prompt will rebuild your LSP stack if it is corrupted:

netsh winsock reset

Run it anyway - earlier versions of Windows don't support the command and it won't hurt.

If your associations for ZIP and RAR type files are gone, you can re-install the programs to rebuild them.

Somehow I don't think this is the result of badware, but rather registry corruption or a corrupt disk drive.

Have you done a check of your drive integrity?

Can you download the programs to another computer and then copy them across with a floppy or USB flash drive?

Just some ideas.

Vicks ....

so what was the Problem ?

i open a dirty virus by mistake i fixed it with the following programs,

Autoit :)

promt

hex editor

art money

t search

password sniffer

and ip sniffer for fun :whistle:

then once i got on the internet i had problems downloading, but thanks to the forum i can download again and i don't have to reinstall, i got a cd key for my avast and i got one for zone alarm which i just downloaded :) thanks

[s]Autoit[/s]