Redisplay a webpage

Hi guys,

I have a situation where I have a Javascript web page that has several bits of data seperated by <tr> tags. I would like to redisplay only certain bits of the website based on a keyword/phrase. Also, updating the data every so often (lets say 30 seconds), so that the redisplay is correctly displaying the search from the original page.(I also need to maintain the javascript environment) *Edit: also wanted to mention that this page is an *.asp, don't know if that helps, but more info is betta*

I have tried the tried and true search function, no luck. I have tried several of the IE functions, including:

• _IETagNameAllGetCollection
  • _IETableGetCollection
  • _IETableWriteToArray
These are not returning any values other than 0 or the occasional garbled text.

Any ideas?

So far, I am embedding the page in an AutoIT GUI and then hiding the webpage.

Here is some sample code, had to butcher it a bit and remove the javascript....

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

_IEErrorHandlerRegister ()

$oIE = _IECreateEmbedded ()
$parent = GUICreate("Test", 880, 780, _
        (@DesktopWidth - 640) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 580) / 2, _
        $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
GUISetState ( @SW_HIDE, $parent)
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 40, 860, 560)

$GUI_Button_Back = GUICtrlCreateButton("Back", 10, 620, 100, 30)
$GUI_Button_Forward = GUICtrlCreateButton("Forward", 120, 620, 100, 30)
$GUI_Button_Home = GUICtrlCreateButton("Home", 230, 620, 100, 30)
$GUI_Button_Stop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 340, 620, 100, 30)
_IENavigate ($oIE, "http://Test.asp")
_IELoadWait ($oIE)
ControlClick ( "Test", "", 1)
Send("{DOWN}")
Send ("{ENTER}")
sleep (3000)
GUISetState ( @SW_SHOW, $parent)
$oTable = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE)
$iNumTables = @extended
MsgBox(0, "Table Info", "There are " & $iNumTables & " tables on the page")

; Waiting for user to close the window
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Home
            _IENavigate ($oIE, "http://www.autoitscript.com")
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Back
            _IEAction ($oIE, "back")
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Forward
            _IEAction ($oIE, "forward")
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Stop
            _IEAction ($oIE, "stop")
    EndSelect
WEnd

GUIDelete()

Exit

<html>
    <head>
        <title>Test Page</title>

</head>
<body>
    <tr>
        <td>
            <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
                  <tr>
                    <td nowrap class="gridHeader">Test1</td>
                    <td nowrap class="gridHeader">Test2</td>
                    <td nowrap class="gridHeader">Test3</td>
                    <td nowrap class="gridHeader">Test4</td>
                    <td nowrap class="gridHeader">Test5</td>
                    <td nowrap class="gridHeader">Test6</td>
                    <td nowrap class="gridHeader">Test7</td>
                    <td nowrap class="gridHeader">Test8</td>
              </tr>

<tr>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">&nbsp;<a href="/Test/cm/displayTest/test.asp?id=123458&selGroup=3">123458</a></td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">7/21/2006 2:12:35 PM</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">Test</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left"><SPAN Class="smallerror">Overdue</SPAN></td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">Normal</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">Testing</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">R. Test</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left"></td>
                          </tr>

<tr>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem1" nowrap><p align="left">&nbsp;<a href="/Test/cm/displayTest/test.asp?id=123457&selGroup=3">123457</a><SPAN Class="smallerror">&nbsp;&nbsp;U/A</SPAN></td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem1" nowrap><p align="left">7/26/2006 8:46:54 AM</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem1" nowrap><p align="left">Test</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem1" nowrap><p align="left">Not Started</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem1" nowrap><p align="left">Urgent</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem1" nowrap><p align="left">Testing</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem1" nowrap><p align="left">j.Bloe</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem1" nowrap><p align="left"></td>
                          </tr>

<tr>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">&nbsp;<a href="/Test/cm/displayTest/test.asp?id=123456&selGroup=3">123456</a><SPAN Class="smallerror">&nbsp;&nbsp;U/A</SPAN></td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">7/26/2006 8:49:46 AM</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">Test</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">Not Started</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">Normal</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">Testing</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left">j.smith</td>
                            <td valign="top" class="griditem2" nowrap><p align="left"></td>
                          </tr>

</table>
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>
</center>
</form>
</body>
</html>
Edited by joshiieeii

Its not so much that I can't get it working, but more so that I can't even find anything that can pull the results I am looking for. So it's more of a "does anyone know a way" vs. "I can't work the details out".

*Edit: In the above code I get 0 as the result.

Edited by joshiieeii

If that is your source and you see no tables, I'm going to guess taht it is acually in a frame.

Try

ConsoleWrite(_IEDocReadHTML($oIE) & @CR)

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

If that is your source and you see no tables, I'm going to guess taht it is acually in a frame.

Try

ConsoleWrite(_IEDocReadHTML($oIE) & @CR)

Dale

Actually it's funny you say that, I was just now going through some more of the examples in the IE.au3, and indeed it did say there were 2 frames

*Edit: Results:

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD><FRAMESET border=0 frameSpacing=0 rows=100%,* frameBorder=0><FRAME name=DisplayTestsrc="/Test/CM/ListTests/Test.asp"><FRAME name=TestFunctions src="" scrolling=no></FRAMESET></HTML>
Edited by joshiieeii

So look at _IEFrameGetObjByName()

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Look in the HTML code you showed in Post 5.

Dale

Look in the HTML code you showed in Post 5.

Dale

:whistle:

wow.....Can't believe I missed that....well...I did that and it i get some weird code back when I console write the results....

ù

Still not able to get any of the data pulled from the site....=(

Hmm....playing with the code some more to see if I can get some results.

ok.. :whistle:

I am not as smart as most of the guys here. I do what I can with the limited amount of brain cells left after ar hard day of drinking.. Here is what I did to get random jokes out of a webpage. I just know it aint pretty..but it works! Use beta for voice or delete two lines referencing voice. Notice, I pull out the joke string and get rid of most of the exterraneous b/s. But I have it read from a file. use your own $filedir.

while 1

$filedir = "C:\AA TASKBAR SHORTCUTS\Desk\Hold Basket\Joke.txt"

$last = 0

$end = 0

$linenumb = 0

$joke = ""

$line = ""

$file=""

Local $o_speech = ObjCreate ("SAPI.SpVoice")

go()

wend

Func go();;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

$file = FileOpen($filedir, 0)

$o_speech.Speak("I Have a good joke for you")

$rnd = Random(1, 11146, 1)

$rssfeed = "http://jokes.comedycentral.com/random_joke.aspx?joke_id=" & $rnd

InetGet($rssfeed, $filedir,1,0)

For $linenumb = 464 To 500 Step 1

$line = FileReadLine($file, $linenumb)

If $linenumb = 467 Then StringTrimLeft($line, 100)

$line=stringreplace($line,"<p>","")

$line=stringreplace($line,"<br>","")

$joke = $joke & $line

$last = StringInStr($line, "</div>")

If $last > 0 Then finish()

Next

endfunc

• Moderators

wow.....Can't believe I missed that....well...I did that and it i get some weird code back when I console write the results....

ù

Still not able to get any of the data pulled from the site....=(

Hmm....playing with the code some more to see if I can get some results.

What exactly are you wanting to pull from the site?

p.s. The code you posted looks like an object variable, you can need to specify what data you want from it first.

I screwed up... Here is the full code...

while 1

$filedir = "C:\AA TASKBAR SHORTCUTS\Desk\Hold Basket\Joke.txt"

$last = 0

$end = 0

$linenumb = 0

$joke = ""

$line = ""

$file=""

Local $o_speech = ObjCreate ("SAPI.SpVoice")

go()

wend

Func go();;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

$file = FileOpen($filedir, 0)

$o_speech.Speak("I Have a good joke for you")

$rnd = Random(1, 11146, 1)

$rssfeed = "http://jokes.comedycentral.com/random_joke.aspx?joke_id=" & $rnd

InetGet($rssfeed, $filedir,1,0)

For $linenumb = 464 To 500 Step 1

$line = FileReadLine($file, $linenumb)

If $linenumb = 467 Then StringTrimLeft($line, 100)

$line=stringreplace($line,"<p>","")

$line=stringreplace($line,"<br>","")

$joke = $joke & $line

$last = StringInStr($line, "</div>")

If $last > 0 Then finish()

Next

endfunc

Func finish()

$file=fileclose($filedir)

$joke=stringtrimright($joke,6)

SoundPlay("D:\My Music\Sound Effects\People\kids giggle.wav", 1)

splashtextOn("Jokes (Press (CntrlAltShift E) to Exit",$joke)

$o_speech.Speak($joke)

SoundPlay("D:\My Music\Sound Effects\People\kids laugh.wav", 1)

splashoff()

sleep(100)

$ans=msgbox(1,"Joke Machine","Want Another?")

if $ans=2 then exit

EndFunc

I appreciate your help, althought that is very cool and interesting, doesn't really apply to my particular situation. I am dealing with Frames and a tabled structure.

In retrospect that does do technically what my topic states. Good job!

Edited by joshiieeii

What exactly are you wanting to pull from the site?

p.s. The code you posted looks like an object variable, you can need to specify what data you want from it first.

To answer your question, I am just trying to display the sections of code that begin with <tr> and have the words not started in them.

I need to specify what data? where do I do that....the code does not have an example of that:

_IEFrameGetObjByName ( ByRef $o_object, $s_name )

Parameters

$o_object Object variable of an InternetExplorer.Application, Window or Frame object 
$s_name Name of the Frame you wish to match 

Return Value

Success: Returns an object variable pointing to the Window object in a Frame, @EXTENDED = Frame count 
Failure: Returns 0 and sets @ERROR 
@Error: 0 ($_IEStatus_Success) = No Error 
 3 ($_IEStatus_InvalidDataType) = Invalid Data Type 
 4 ($_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType) = Invalid Object Type 
 7 ($_IEStatus_NoMatch) = No Match 
@Extended: Contains invalid parameter number

so I have the $object...= $oIE

and the $s_name = "TestFunctions"

Where do I specify what data I want to pull?

*Edit:Does the frame act like a container of sorts, so once I have the container's name(resulting from the _IEFrameGetObjByName), what do I query with?

Edited by joshiieeii

By Jove I found it!!

had to include this code...

$oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName ($oIE, "TestFunctions")
$sHTML = _IEBodyReadHTML ($oFrame)
ConsoleWrite($sHTML & @CR)

**Edit: Hmm..now all I have to do is find a way to trim out the stuff I don't want and redisplay it. I wonder what would be the best way to do that...array? I will mess with it tomorrow....later guys...

Edited by joshiieeii

By Jove I found it!!

had to include this code...

$oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName ($oIE, "TestFunctions")
$sHTML = _IEBodyReadHTML ($oFrame)
ConsoleWrite($sHTML & @CR)

**Edit: Hmm..now all I have to do is find a way to trim out the stuff I don't want and redisplay it. I wonder what would be the best way to do that...array? I will mess with it tomorrow....later guys...

See the _IETable* functions...

Dale