Remote Webcam viewer

well if you do have a router you use your local ip other wise just your internet ip. But, I dont know why it doesnt work over the internet? did it work within your network? if not set the ip to 127.0.0.1 and type that into your browser.

BTW: over the internet is very slow even if you have cable, sometimes it will even time out. Its because it have to read all the data from the picture. I am not sure if there is a better why.

@BasicOS: its too slow and I dont have it setup right now, you were mean to me anyways

Everything is working on local network by the Local Ip Adress which is idntified by your script .

even i recorded avi files and sharp snapshots. uppdates the webbrowser ... !

The problem is accessing the camera from any internet connected computer. outside my network .

I tried by internet ip adress , i tried to switchoff the firewall in case if it blocks .

nothing happens .

?????????????????????????

Everything is working on local network by the Local Ip Adress which is idntified by your script .

even i recorded avi files and sharp snapshots. uppdates the webbrowser ... !

The problem is accessing the camera from any internet connected computer. outside my network .

I tried by internet ip adress , i tried to switchoff the firewall in case if it blocks .

nothing happens .

?????????????????????????

do you get an error on your browser? if not then its just because the program is too slow.

I am going to see if there is a better way.

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Im sure the script works over the net since i tryed it and gave liope my a link like : "Internetip:Port" and i didnt tell him anything and then i asked what he saw and he answered "Im seeing a image that is loading slowly"

My Scripts:Radioblog Club Music DownloaderOther stuff:Fun movieIm serious read the help file it helps :PFight 'Till you drop. Never stop, You Cant give up. Til you reach the top Fight! youÂ’re the best in town Fight!

Im sure the script works over the net since i tryed it and gave liope my a link like : "Internetip:Port" and i didnt tell him anything and then i asked what he saw and he answered "Im seeing a image that is loading slowly"

Yeah, its slow for me too over the internet. do you think that it could be fasters

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

What port are you using : Interntip:6969 o Inernetip:80

May be the port thing can solve the problem .

I have used both, I think it just that autoit opens the image as tx and sends all the text

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little info I though you guys might find useful in the case that you don't know your IP. To find your Internet IP just simply go to www.whatismyip.com or www.whatismyip.org, and it will be right there for you to see. If you need to know your Network IP (what you IP is before it goes through the router to the internet) simply open the run console (Start > Run), and type: " ipconfig /all " without the quotations of course :P Enjoy!

Note: there is a space between ipconfig and /all.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

Could you add code only capture & update when there's a motion ?

Will try this after work, thanks. :P

sure, give me some time though. I just got the newlogitech quickcam orbit mp, so i will get on it when i set this up

• 1 month later...

hi all! I'm a newbye and my english is very bad! (I'm italian)... sorry for errors :-P

I read your discussion.. and I have a similar problem.

My computer is behind a router and I want to show my webcam at my friends...

One possible solution, I think, is connect the autoit application at a website and send the pics (in JPG) or a stream video (?) to my site for show with a page... (like the webcams in some city for view the landscape..example: http://www.erikthered.com/cam/ )

But I'm not able to make that... You have some idea?

I hope you understand my atrocious english. :-)

Thank you! bye!

Edited by foxluke

@ the slow upload problem,

well i havent had a chance to go on a computer outside of my network because i just found this topic :lmao: its really neat, i like the idea, but instead of using BMP, why not just use JPEG/JPG ? i just changed $snapfile on line 92 to a jpg file, i sort of skimmed through all the posts, so sorry if this has been mentionned, i'll try to connect at my cousins house hopefully today and see what the speed is like

edit: and line 128 in the HTML code (changed bmp tp jpg)

Edited by layer
FootbaG

hi all! I'm a newbye and my english is very bad! (I'm italian)... sorry for errors :-P

I read your discussion.. and I have a similar problem.

My computer is behind a router and I want to show my webcam at my friends...

One possible solution, I think, is connect the autoit application at a website and send the pics (in JPG) or a stream video (?) to my site for show with a page... (like the webcams in some city for view the landscape..example: http://www.erikthered.com/cam/ )

But I'm not able to make that... You have some idea?

I hope you understand my atrocious english. :-)

Thank you! bye!

I understand. You want to allow people to look at your camera outside of your network. its easy, its called port forwarding.

check this out to learn how to.

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers...routerindex.htm

@ the slow upload problem,

well i havent had a chance to go on a computer outside of my network because i just found this topic :lmao: its really neat, i like the idea, but instead of using BMP, why not just use JPEG/JPG ? i just changed $snapfile on line 92 to a jpg file, i sort of skimmed through all the posts, so sorry if this has been mentionned, i'll try to connect at my cousins house hopefully today and see what the speed is like

edit: and line 128 in the HTML code (changed bmp tp jpg)

sounds simple enough. i cant test it right now.

I understand. You want to allow people to look at your camera outside of your network. its easy, its called port forwarding.

check this out to learn how to.

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers...routerindex.htm

yes but that site concern the portforward for a existing application and i'm not a administrator of lan of my college.

and I have another problem. the transfer from pc to outside, site or pc, is weighty for the band. the bmp picture is huge! I can use the jpg in autoit?

Why the msn messenger and yahoo messenger video stream for webcam is very very light? It's impossible with AutoIt?

I hope you understand my post :lmao:

yes but that site concern the portforward for a existing application and i'm not a administrator of lan of my college.

and I have another problem. the transfer from pc to outside, site or pc, is weighty for the band. the bmp picture is huge! I can use the jpg in autoit?

Why the msn messenger and yahoo messenger video stream for webcam is very very light? It's impossible with AutoIt?

I hope you understand my post :lmao:

if you cant portforward then you cant get it out on the internet. and if you change bmp to jpg it should work. Not sure though

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I see this thread has been dead for a while... but fyi, you can't just rename a file as a jpg and expect it to be smaller... that requires jpg compression - and u'll need a dll for that. There is one on the autoit forums that I am using right now.

For the firewall/port forwarding issue you may want to try it on some1 elses computer... one not on your network. - Also, an excellent website for checking whether or not you forwarded the port right is canyouseeme.org - try it.

• 2 months later...