an output when run in dos

arcker

I've posted before to know how to have the output of a script when executed under dos (like in a batch)

the only solution is to pipe the output, but it can only be draw when the script is finisehd

so, is it possible to have an output like in vbs : WScript.Echo

reason ? we are converting some vbs=>autoit, but we need the information when they are executed

PS : AutoIT POWAAAAA

thx...

xD

-- Arck System _ Soon -- Ideas make everything

"La critique est facile, l'art est difficile"

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]

I've posted before to know how to have the output of a script when executed under dos (like in a batch)

the only solution is to pipe the output, but it can only be draw when the script is finisehd

so, is it possible to have an output like in vbs : WScript.Echo

reason ? we are converting some vbs=>autoit, but we need the information when they are executed

PS : AutoIT POWAAAAA

thx...

xD

AutoIt Beta

Console*() Functions and STD*() Functions. Should allow you to output. I am not positive as I have never had that need, but I am pretty certain that is what you are looking for.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Sigh:

Compiled AutoIt scripts are not considered console applications by Windows. If you run your compiled script by itself in a DOS window you'll see no output from ConsoleWrite() because the Windows shell disconnects the STDOUT pipe from non-console applications when they are spawned. This is why you don't see any output in your tests.

I like that, thats getting added to my signiture.

There is no easy way to create a hybrid application that will connect to an existing console, if started from one or stay consoleless otherwise. If you can find a way to get the process that started the script, check to see if it has a console associated with it, and attach to it, you can output to it. Good luck on that, it seems kinda pointless to me. AutoIt wasn't mean for consoles.

Sigh:

My mistake. I dont make console applications out of Windows API. :)

I hope I remember this for next time... dunno. :whistle:

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

mmm ok

i've tried to attach a console with the compiled script, but no way :whistle:

really frustating when following a process, but i know, there is the gui, and not for nothing ^^

thx a lot for your quick answers

c u

-- Arck System _ Soon -- Ideas make everything

"La critique est facile, l'art est difficile"

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]