anyone have a html based windows explorer?

I am thinking of making an html based really basic windows explorer to be used for viewing on a television. I thought that html would be best because i can make the background color something other than white, and the size of the font something other than black, and a larger size than normal. All it would have to do is be able to scroll through video files, and open then up in another program. It would look much like a media center, but it would just have to scroll through one or two directories.

Before I start, has anyone done anything like this?

I am thinking of making an html based really basic windows explorer to be used for viewing on a television. I thought that html would be best because i can make the background color something other than white, and the size of the font something other than black, and a larger size than normal. All it would have to do is be able to scroll through video files, and open then up in another program. It would look much like a media center, but it would just have to scroll through one or two directories.

Before I start, has anyone done anything like this?

there was a net appliance called something like webtv..... ; it failed , too.

if you're running windows on a non hd tv, not much you can do to make it look great, but you already have full control over the graphical interface -- you can drop down to VGA or SVGA and use one of the high contrast video modes w/o losing explorer functionality.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.