disable delete

hi, i was wondering how can i make a autoit script not be deleted, i could do this is the script is aways being used, but thats not the case, or is there away to add password lock on a program so you can't delete it, i need this because it pisses me off when my friend comes over he always deletes stuff on my desktop, he says theres to much shit on my desktop lol, i said the next time you delete my shit ill kill you lol that only worked for a week

[s]Autoit[/s]

• Moderators

hi, i was wondering how can i make a autoit script not be deleted, i could do this is the script is aways being used, but thats not the case, or is there away to add password lock on a program so you can't delete it, i need this because it pisses me off when my friend comes over he always deletes stuff on my desktop, he says theres to much shit on my desktop lol, i said the next time you delete my shit ill kill you lol that only worked for a week

You need to just kick his ass, I don't think anyone is going to tell you how to save a script from being deleted on a public forum with all the script kiddies out there.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

My thoughts exactly. Kick his ass first, then go out and get yourself some software that allows you to password protect files. Too many people would use anti-deletion knowledge for bad things. That's just bad for the AutoIT community.

Pink Floyd - The Wall

My thoughts exactly. Kick his ass first, then go out and get yourself some software that allows you to password protect files. Too many people would use anti-deletion knowledge for bad things. That's just bad for the AutoIT community.

i don't need to rip password protect programs since i got some, but i never use them they suck, i also need this to be done with autoit, ill make one if i have to and i might post it in scripts and scraps, sure there may be script kiddies but that shouldn't stop other people from having a script that can do this, i mean what could a script kiddie really do with anti deletion, if they were smart they could crash the computer with a few lines which i won't post since script kiddies would love that even better :). i mean comeon the i have keyloggers i made and found off this site, and i got a few remote clients and what not so how can this be any worse? unless i get a really negative thought about these script kiddies then i won't post it, but autoit has a pretty clean forum :whistle:

well smoke i could always look at this script, looks like you've seen it from somewere?

anyways if someone can lock folders why not have non deletedable programs, sure you may think im up to something but im not, and if i was i would come striaght out of the closet :)

#NoTrayIcon
Opt('WinTitleMatchMode',2); this is excludable

Global $pass1= "*Your Pass Here*" ;Change  this to your pass
Global $pass2, $done = 0

While 1
     If Winexists("AzKays Special Place") then ;name of folder here
          LockOut()
     Endif
     EndIf
Wend

Func LockOut()
    Do
        WinMinimizeall()
        Winsetstate("Azkays Special Place", "", @SW_HIDE) ;Folder Name goes here too 
        $pass2 = InputBox("Protected", "Please Input Password to Access Folder.", "", "*M")
        If $pass2 = $pass1 then
            MsgBox(0, "Correct", "Correct Password")
            Winsetstate("Azkays Special Place", "", @SW_SHOW)
            WinMinimizeallUndo()
            $done = 1
        Else
            MsgBox(0, "Wrong", "Incorect Password, Try Again"
        Endif
    Until $done = 1
EndFunc
Edited by Vicks
[s]Autoit[/s]

sure there may be script kiddies but that shouldn't stop other people from having a script that can do this, i mean what could a script kiddie really do with anti deletion, if they were smart they could crash the computer with a few lines which i won't post since script kiddies would love that even better :). i mean comeon the i have keyloggers i made and found off this site, and i got a few remote clients and what not so how can this be any worse? unless i get a really negative thought about these script kiddies then i won't post it, but autoit has a pretty clean forum :whistle:

What could they do with it? WAY TOO MUCH! And I'll never understand the simple minded mentality of "if other people do it then why shouldnt I?"

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Put your files into a folder before he comes over? I don't see why you need to go through those kind of measures =/. Just put them in a folder he won't / cannot access. You can put passwords on folders if you have the programs to do it :whistle:

• Moderators

Doesn't matter what I think Vicks, I stated my opinion already. Don't worry, some moron will post it here as they did the keyloggers and other fun toys you've learned to manipulate (Again just my opinion). Opinions are like ***holes ... You know the rest.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Doesn't matter what I think Vicks, I stated my opinion already. Don't worry, some moron will post it here as they did the keyloggers and other fun toys you've learned to manipulate (Again just my opinion). Opinions are like ***holes ... You know the rest.

smoke i see why you don't want to help and i respect that, i really don't like this kind of topics either but legit reasons should be consider, its not just my friend i want to keep away :whistle:

[s]Autoit[/s]

It seems weird that you still want to make a useless script, rather than use one of about a thousand different possible ideas to achieve what you want...like save to a disk, hide the file...etc etc. If you truly want to use this ina legit way, then there are so many little tricks you could use, that wouldnt take anytime at all. If you are smart enough to use AutoIT, then you should be able to easily outsmart most everyone who has access to your computer.

Edited by kjmarket
Pink Floyd - The Wall

It seems weird that you still want to make a useless script, rather than use one of about a thousand different possible ideas to achieve what you want...like save to a disk, hide the file...etc etc. If you truly want to use this ina legit way, then there are so many little tricks you could use, that wouldnt take anytime at all. If you are smart enough to use AutoIT, then you should be able to easily outsmart most everyone who has access to your computer.

i feel hiding a program will not stop no one. i haven't made a program in awhile and this is what i feel like attemping

[s]Autoit[/s]

And as usual, someone has to come along and tell someone how to do soemthing that can't be used in a good way... at least its a very simplistic and easy to get around way. That wouldnt stop anyone above a computer newb from deleting a file.

Edited by kjmarket
Pink Floyd - The Wall

And as usual, someone has to come along and tell someone how to do soemthing that can't be used in a good way... at least its a very simplistic and easy to get around way. That wouldnt stop anyone above a computer newb from deleting a file.

Yes, but how many people feel like booting into safe mode just to delete a file...

i got exe binders i had that idea in mind, im no noob, just looking for some helpful ideas for pure protection

edited; this is not the worse of scripts on the forum so why not help (in my opinion for script kiddies)

autosmith made a remote client same with a few others

keyloggers

and zerocools remote cam viwver so why not this

Edited by Vicks
[s]Autoit[/s]

For one, I wasnt, and still am not upset. And two...booting into safe mode wouldnt be necessary. I may be fairly new to AutoIT, but that doesnt mean I'm a computer newb by any means. this is just my hobby. And I never said he was lying. Had I said that, I wouldnt have said that he told him a way to do it. Look, all I'm saying is I dont want to see AutoIT go the route of a lot of other scripting languages...ending up useless because all antivirus software picks them up as viruses.

Pink Floyd - The Wall

For one, I wasnt, and still am not upset. And two...booting into safe mode wouldnt be necessary. I may be fairly new to AutoIT, but that doesnt mean I'm a computer newb by any means. this is just my hobby. And I never said he was lying. Had I said that, I wouldnt have said that he told him a way to do it. Look, all I'm saying is I dont want to see AutoIT go the route of a lot of other scripting languages...ending up useless because all antivirus software picks them up as viruses.

thats why i said pm me the scripts instead of posting instead

[s]Autoit[/s]

I'll give you one more helpful idea that is fairly prominent with many programs that use protection. Take for example, BProtect Anti-hack detection program uses this method. Use a looped dllcall to sendmessage clearing the listview control of process manager. Basic stuff.

I is difficult to have a protection against delete.

Two idea the first have another copy somewhere your friend does not know you you can put them back when he left. Why not to have them on an offline media as an usb key.

second if you run under Window XP Professional you can set access right to the file you want to protect so only read can be done to the file