Max length for Timer functions

Outsides of the physical limits of the language for numbers, is there a max amount of time one can use the TimerStart and TimerStop functions for? For example, could this be used for days, weeks, or even months of difference?

Edited to correct a typo

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I believe that this depends on how much time is opened the script.

I'm actually looking at using the return of TimerStart() across what could be many days in between script executions. I'll be storing the value into an ini file, and later putting it back into TimerStop() to see how much time has passed since the time when it was stored. I could write my own UDF to put the date and time into a decimal delimited form for the ini, but it seems a waste if I can use the Timer functions as they are.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Your OS will break at the same time, so you'll be safe until 2038 or something like that. I'm assuming by then that time will be stored as a 64 bit integer or something other than a 32 bit integer by that time, so you should be safe for a few dozen years.

Edited by Valik

The values are not the C-standard seconds from Jan 1, 1970 00:00 UCT, but are measured in milliseconds using a double. I am not sure what the starting date/time is. The C-date dies long before the TimerStart/TimerStop values. I think it will still be going when the starship Enterprise is making its flights (pick one, any one:NX-01, NCC-1701, NCC-1701-A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K...). :D

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Well... I guess that some dozen years are enough for pekster, arent they?

Oh yea. :D