UnAttended Event Handler

Foxnolds

UnAttended Event Handler v0.1.2.0

UnAttended_v0_1_2_0.zip - Full kit including UDFs below.

I've spent a couple of weeks now playing with AutoIt v3 Beta 3.1.1.127-132 and this was the first project I wrote for myself to learn the ropes. If you don't find the UnAttended application useful then you may like the couple of potential UDFs I had to write to do stuff I needed:

What is it?
  • UnAttended is an AutoIt3 Script that watches for dialogs and fills them in or dismisses them automatically - particularly when you are away from your computer.
  • It will fill in passwords for Jetico BestCrypt encrypted Volumes, PGP Disks and PGP Identities, Windows Network Mounted Shares mounted under different user Domain names and Launch Putty SSH sessions as well as a DOS Command Shell as required.

• It monitors Crashing Dialogs from Eudora Email Application (Usually due to some bad spam *.CRV file in the Spool directory, crashing dialogs from Microsoft ActiveSync 4.x and various other Windows Mobile Pocket PC Applications.

• It knows about a VPN connection from Home to Work and uses it to mount Work Network drives as required.

• UnAttended will also act as a PC Lock, Locking the Screen and turning off the monitor when a registered USB Device (USB Key Disk) or an ActiveSync USB/Bluetooth connection leaves.

Known Problems:

• I have not had success in catching Windows Session Close. The problem this causes is that UnAttended may be closed too early, or it may try to restore a Closed Eudora Application if it has seen the Session Quit message before UnAttended.
  • Not all error dialogs and conditions have been caught and identified. Hopefully this will improve over time. I may have addressed this issue with the User Dialogs Configuration Tab.
  • Launching a VPN connection is clumsy. I need to find a better method than launching a .LNK file.
  • Polling status of disconnected Network drives can be time consuming. It can take upto 25 seconds of a blocking call to determine that a Network drive is no longer available. VPN status is only polled once per minute now.
  • Polling the status of a SysTrayIcon that is no longer present is also slow. Again, it can take a few seconds to realise that the Application is not running any more. For example the VPN connection status is read from its SysTrayIcon.
  • I'm sure there's more....
I whipped up the start of a help file that I'll post next. I still need to learn how to hook it into an AutoIt application.. :)

Edit: 1st Aug 06 - Changed VPN detection to use "RASDial" technique. Thanks flyingboz.

- Sped up disconnected Network drive handling by using "Net Use" command.

Edit - Added some screen shots..

Edited by Foxnolds

[*]Launching a VPN connection is clumsy. I need to find a better method than launching a .LNK file.

Use the command line tool RASDIAL, i.e. RASDIAL "my connection at work" and RASDIAL "my connection at work" /disconnect

errorlevels, etc. are supported for branching / error checking. Excellent when paired or wrapped w/ RunWait().

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Brilliant! flyingboz!

I tried it on my PC and it works a treat.

It's 3:50 AM so I must get 3 hours sleep B4 I go to work. I'll plug in the change tonight (Aussie Time) when I get home again...

Use the command line tool RASDIAL, i.e. RASDIAL "my connection at work" and RASDIAL "my connection at work" /disconnect

errorlevels, etc. are supported for branching / error checking. Excellent when paired or wrapped w/ RunWait().

Here is a snapshot of my MsgBoxEx in action.

The MsgBoxEx UDF and a simple Test example.

MsgBoxEx.zip

The Extentsion to the normal old MsgBox is that it:-

• Will add Count-down text to the default button
  • Will replace the characters <##> with the current remaining number of seconds on upto 5 lines of text
  • Will BOLD a while line of text if <b> or </B> tags are seen on any message line.
  • Accepts optional Parent window parameter so when parent minimises, closes then so does MsgBoxEx dialog.
  • Supports Minimize and Close SysMenu buutons
  • Works as a drop-in Modal like replacement for MsgBox() but can also work modeless in your own EventLoop environment. Button action generate Callbacks to your event handler.
  • The 1 to 3 buttons can be of ANY text by an optional Array of button text and button count values.
  • Special Return Codes for Type 8 buttons - PC Lock/Cancel.
Too much.. so here's the Function comment section...

(Sorry about mangled formatting - Best Grab the zip file above)

P.S. The best Parent Window examples of MsgBoxEx use is on the About Dialog Test Button actions in UnAttended Script at the beginning of this post.. :whistle:

;===============================================================================
;  +++ This is to emulate a Modal MsgBox($iFlag, $sTitle, $sText [, $iTimeout]) +++
; _MsgBoxEx($iFlag, $sTitle, $sText [, $iTimeout [, $sReturnCallBack [, $iLeft [, $iTop [, $hParent]]]]])
;  +++ This is the call to use if you have your own EventLoop where you call _MBEX_TickTock() +++
; _MsgBoxExCreate($iFlag, $sTitle, $sText [, $iTimeout [, $sReturnCallBack [, $iLeft [, $iTop [, $hParent]]]]])
; ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
;    Upto 5 lines may have <##> text replaced with the current second countdown value.
; $iTimeout   [optional]  Timeout in seconds. After the timeout has elapsed the message box will be closed.
;       Default value of 0 will disable timeout.
; $sReturnCallBack  [optional]  The name of a function you provide that takes a single argument, the ReturnCode.
;       Default value is Null String "" which is replaced with internal handler when
;       _MsgBoxEx() funcion called.
;       If using _MsgBoxExCreate(),
;        you MUST register your own ReturnCallBack function here...
;        And in your Event Loop, you need to call _MBEX_TickTock() to update timers.
; $iLeft   [optional]  X Position of Dialog, default of -1 centers dialog horizontally.
; $iTop [optional]  Y Position of Dialog, default of -1 centers dialog vertically.
; $hParent   [optional]  Handle to a Parent Window, defaults to 0.
; ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
;
; Failure: Returns -1 if the message box timed out.
;  
; Button Pressed Return Value sent to $gsMBEX_CallBack function you provide   
; OK    1
; CANCEL   2
; ABORT 3
; RETRY 4
; IGNORE   5
; YES   6
; NO    7
; TRY AGAIN **  10
; CONTINUE **  11
; LOCK PC   12  - You have to do the locking...
; CLOSE 13  - New Return code
; _____________________________________________________________________
;
; The flag parameter can be a combination of the following values:
;
; decimal flag Button-related     Result hexadecimal flag 
; 0 OK button       0x0 
; 1 OK and Cancel       0x1 
; 2 Abort, Retry, and Ignore    0x2 
; 3 Yes, No, and Cancel   0x3 
; 4 Yes and No       0x4 
; 5 Retry and Cancel       0x5 
; 6 **  Cancel, Try Again, Continue 0x6
; 7 ++   +++ See Note7 +++    0x7
; 8 ++   Lock PC, Cancel       0x8
;
; +++ Note7 +++ User sets the Global Array Variables Before Calling this Function
;   $gaMBEX_BT[0] = 1, 2 or 3
;   $gaMBEX_BT[1] = "Left Button"
;   $gaMBEX_BT[2] = "Right Button"
;   $gaMBEX_BT[3] = "Middle Button"
; decimal flag Icon-related   Result hexadecimal flag 
; 0 (No icon)        0x0
; 16    Stop-sign icon      0x10
; 32    Question-mark icon     0x20
; 48    Exclamation-point icon    0x30
; 64    Information-sign icon consisting of an 'i' in a circle 0x40
; decimal flag Default-related   Result hexadecimal flag
; 0 First button is default button  0x0
; 256   Second button is default button   0x100
; 512   Third button is default button  0x200
; 1024 +++  Default Button has CountDown text  0x400
; decimal flag Modality-related  Result hexadecimal flag 
; 0 Application      0x0 
; 4096 ++  System modal (dialog has an icon)   0x1000 
; 8192 --  Task modal - Not supported   0x2000 
; decimal flag Miscellaneous-related    Result hexadecimal flag 
; 0 (nothing else special)    0x0 
; 262144   MsgBox has top-most attribute set   0x40000 
; 524288 --  title and text are right-justified   0x80000 
;
; ** was Only valid on Windows 2000/XP and above.
; ________________________________________________________________
; 
;===============================================================================

Here is the MsgBoxExTest.au3 Code:

;
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;
; AutoIt Version: 3.1.1.131+
; Language:    English
; Description:  Test Alternative to MsgBox() with extended functionality.
; Author(s):      Foxnolds <foxnolds at ewise dot com>
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Test routine for MsgBoxEx_UDF.au3
Global $gbDoEventLoop, $ghMsgDlg
Local $ls, $liRtnVal
Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) ;0=no (default), 1=require pre-declare
; Include the Animated MsgBox Modeless code
#include "MsgBoxEx.au3"

; Test Buttons
$ls = "<b>Flag=0 + 1024" & @lf & "Test 1 - OK button" & @LF & "Default button wil be clicked in <##> seconds"
$liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(0 + 1024, "Test Buttons 1", $ls, 30)
$ls = "<b>Flag=1" & @lf & "Test 2 - OK and Cancel" & @LF & "Default button wil be clicked in <##> seconds" & @LF & "Test 1 result was " & $liRtnVal
$ls &= @LF & @LF & "<b>Press Cancel to skip the rest of the display tests</b>"
$liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(1, "Test Buttons 2", $ls, 30)
IF $liRtnVal == 1 Then
 $ls = "<b>Flag=2 + 1024" & @lf & "Test 3 - Abort, Retry, and Ignore" & @LF & "Default button wil be clicked in <##> seconds" & @LF & "Test 2 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(2 + 1024, "Test Buttons 3", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=3" & @lf & "Test 4 - Yes, No, and Cancel" & @LF & "Default button wil be clicked in <##> seconds" & @LF & "Test 3 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(3, "Test Buttons 4", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=4" & @lf & "Test 5 - Yes and No" & @LF & "Default button wil be clicked in <##> seconds" & @LF & "Test 4 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(4, "Test Buttons 5", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=5 + 1024" & @lf & "Test 6 - Retry and Cancel" & @LF & "Default button wil be clicked in <##> seconds" & @LF & "Test 5 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(5 + 1024, "Test Buttons 6", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=6" & @lf & "Test 7 - Cancel, Try Again, Continue" & @LF & "Default button wil be clicked in <##> seconds" & @LF & "Test 6 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(6, "Test Buttons 7", $ls, 30)
 $gaMBEX_BT[0] = 3
 $gaMBEX_BT[1] = "Button1"
 $gaMBEX_BT[2] = "Button2"
 $gaMBEX_BT[3] = "Middle"
 $ls = "<b>Flag=7 + 1024" & @lf & "Test 8 - Button1, Middle, Button2" & @LF & "Test 7 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(7 + 1024, "Test Buttons 7", $ls, 30)
 $gaMBEX_BT[0] = 2
 $gaMBEX_BT[1] = "Button1"
 $gaMBEX_BT[2] = "Button2"
 $gaMBEX_BT[3] = ""
 $ls = "<b>Flag=7" & @lf & "Test 8 - Button 1 and 2 only" & @LF & "Test 7 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(7, "Test Buttons 7", $ls, 30)
 $gaMBEX_BT[0] = 1
 $gaMBEX_BT[1] = "My Custom Button Text"
 $gaMBEX_BT[2] = ""
 $gaMBEX_BT[3] = ""
 $ls = "<b>Flag=7 + 1024" & @lf & "Test 8 - Custom Button Text" & @LF & "Test 7 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(7 + 1024, "Test Buttons 7", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=8+256+1024" & @lf & "Test 9 - Lock PC, Cancel" & @LF & "Test 8 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(8+256+1024, "Test Buttons 8", $ls, 30)
 If $liRtnVal == 12 Then _LockWorkStation(); GotCha! Ha ha
; Test Icons
 $ls = "<b>Flag=16 Stop-sign" & @lf & "Test 9 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(1 + 16, "Test Icon 16", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=32 Question-mark" & @lf & "Test Icon 16 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(1 + 32, "Test Icon 32", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=48+4096 Exclamation-point" & @lf & "Test Icon 32 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(1 + 48+4096, "Test Icon 48", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=64+1024+4096+524288 Information-sign" & @lf & "Test Icon 48 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(1+64+1024+4096+524288, "Test Icon 64", $ls, 30)
; Test Second Default 256
 $ls = "<b>Flag=1 + 256" & @lf & "Test Def2 - OK and Cancel" & @LF & "Test Icon 64 result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(1 + 256, "Test Default 2", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=2 + 256" & @lf & "Test Def2 - Abort, Retry, and Ignore" & @LF & "Previous Test result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(2 + 256, "Test Default 2", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=0 + 256" & @lf & "Test Def2 - OK" & @LF & "Previous Test result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(0 + 256, "Test Default 2", $ls, 30)
; Test Third Default 512
 $ls = "<b>Flag=2 + 512" & @lf & "Test Def3 - Abort, Retry, and Ignore" & @LF & "Previous Test result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(2 + 512, "Test Default 3", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=1 + 512" & @lf & "Test Def3 - OK and Cancel" & @LF & "Previous Test result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(1 + 512, "Test Default 3", $ls, 30)
 $ls = "<b>Flag=0 + 512" & @lf & "Test Def3 - OK" & @LF & "Previous Test result was " & $liRtnVal
 $liRtnVal = _MsgBoxEx(0 + 512, "Test Default 3", $ls, 30)
EndIf
;
;
;
; Now show Event Mode call
$ls = "<b>Flag=8+1024+4096" & @LF & "Default button wil be clicked in <##> seconds" & @lf & "Last Test result was " & $liRtnVal
$ls &= @LF & @LF & "Timeout OR Left Button will do stated action" & @LF & "Cancel will present another Dialog Before Exiting"
$ls &= @LF & "<b>Close box will do immediate Exit<b>"
; _MsgBoxExCreate($iFlag, $sTitle, $sText [, $iTimeout [, $sReturnCallBack [, $iLeft [, $iTop [, $hParent]]]]])
_MsgBoxExCreate(8+1024+4096, "Tests Finished", $ls, 30, "_TestLocalCallBack")

_MyLocalEventLoop()

Exit

Func _MyLocalEventLoop()
 Local $liValue

$gbDoEventLoop = True
 While $gbDoEventLoop
  Sleep(1000); Use 1 second delay in Loop so set UseInternalTimer to False in _MBEX_TickTock
  _MBEX_TickTock(False); Internally, _MBEX_TickTock() tests existance of $ghMBEX anyway
 WEnd
EndFunc;==>_MyLocalEventLoop

Func _TestLocalCallBack($piReturnVal)
; Do what you need to do with result..
 Switch $piReturnVal
  Case 12; Lock PC
   ContinueCase
  Case -1; Timeout
   _LockWorkStation()
   $gbDoEventLoop = False
     Case 13; Close - Exit your event loop with optional cleanup
   $gbDoEventLoop = False
  Case 2; Cancel
   MsgBox(0, "Result Dlg", "Canceled out within time", 10)
   $gbDoEventLoop = False
 EndSwitch
EndFunc;==>_TestLocalCallBack

Func _LockWorkStation()
 DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "LockWorkStation")
 _MonitorOff(True); 1=off, 0=On
EndFunc;==>_LockWorkStation

; Function to turn the Monitor on - off
Func _MonitorOff($piOff = True)
    Local $liPrevOpt, $lhWND

Local Const $lciWM_SYSCommand = 274
    Local Const $lciSC_MonitorPower = 61808
    Local Const $lciPower_Off = 2
    Local Const $lciPower_On = -1

$liPrevOpt = Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
    $lhWND = WinGetHandle("classname=Progman")
    If $piOff Then
        DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $lhWND, "int", $lciWM_SYSCommand, _
        "int", $lciSC_MonitorPower, "int", $lciPower_Off)
    Else
        DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $lhWND, "int", $lciWM_SYSCommand, _
        "int", $lciSC_MonitorPower, "int", $lciPower_On)
    EndIf
    Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", $liPrevOpt)
EndFunc

• 1 month later...

Did not test yours, but I wrote something similar a while ago:

Click4u - should be still in my fileman.

peethebee

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvGerman Forums: http://www.autoit.deGerman Help File: http://autoit.de/hilfe vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv