Question about Difficulty of This

I know it is probably possible but how diffucult do you think it would be?

Actually, not all that complex in terms of what else you could be attempting to do. I am not going to register with that website because I have no need to. However, I will tell you what I discovered about it in my 30 second trip there that may help you code a script to post.
  • There is a URL to log in. You must send this to your favorite web browsing application, wait for it to finish loading, type your user name + tab + your password + enter. Wait for it to log you in.
  • You'll notice that the "new topic" buttons have a URL associated with them. Use this to open the proper page for the desired forum to post in, and send that to your browser.
  • Once that page has loaded, one of the fields should be auto selected, allowing you to send text to that field as soon as the page is done loading. Fill out the as much of the forum post page as you need by using the tab key, and sending the desired text.
  • Since I'm not registering at that site, I don't know excatally where the "post" button is, but all you have to do is tab to it, and send the enter key to "post"

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

You may find this related topic useful as well to detect when the page has finished loading. Outside of that, it should be simple send and control sends. The helpfile is your best friend, and the forum when you have tried to make sense of the manual and your own code but become stuck.

Edited to remove my redundant redundancy

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Hey question with Code.

I am just testing some functions and such and shouldn't this make the "Find" box in the Internet browser pop up?

$MsgBoxResult = MsgBox(1, "RK's Gaia Bot", "I have created this bot so you can post messages without having to be at the screen. Enjoy , RK-DemonSpawned ")
If $MsgBoxResult = 0 Then
Exit
Endif
If $MsgBoxResult = 1 Then
Run("C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe")
Sleep ( 4500 )
Send ("{CTRLDOWN}, {F}, {CTRLUP}")
Endif

Everything runs fine it just doesn't open the "Find" box

Edited by Falc0

RK-DemonSpawned

A couple issues that I see. The main problem is your use of the Send syntax. It will send all characters not in the braces as raw characters, and that includes your commas and spaces. Also, the capital f is actually being seen as a shift-f keystroke, which does not work in Firefox to open the find box. Last note about your send function: you can use the the characters: ! ^ and + for the alt, control, and shift keys. Your send function can turn into Send("^f")

Also, instead of waiting 4500 ms, how about using WinWait or WinWaitActive to wait for the window to appear. That way it doesn't matter how long it takes; your script will continue when the window opens.

Edited so many times it's not even funny. I so messed this one up. Several times.

Edited by pekster

Alright. and Yeah I've tried it but it doesn't open the dialog box just finds the letter "F"

Hmmm Oh well. Not really important just trying to make sure I can get some functions working correctly.

I'll look into WinWait and Winactive Commands, also.

Edited by Falc0

RK-DemonSpawned

See my edit above. I must be high on my glass of water or something. The code for your send command was messed up, and I read right past it. :D

Edit1: Okay, if you wait just a couple of minutes from this edit, I will completly re-do the above post.

Edit2: It's done. Hopefully that makes a bit more sense.

Edited by pekster

See my edit above.  I must be high on my glass of water or something.  The code for your send command was messed up, and I read right past it.  :D

O Ok.

Thanks for the update :huh2:

RK-DemonSpawned

Hey I am pretty much done but I need it to repeat a certain amount of functions

$vWord=("http://milo.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23")
$vWord2=("Bump")
$vWord3=("This thread was made by RK for you to Bump In/Talk/Get Rares..i dont care what you do with it....")
$vWord4=("[img]http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Falc0/rkbump.gif[/img]")
$MsgBoxResult = MsgBox(1, "RK's Gaia Bot", "I have created this bot so you can post messages without having to be at the screen. Enjoy , RK-DemonSpawned ")
If $MsgBoxResult = -1 Then
Exit
Endif
If $MsgBoxResult = 1 Then
Run("C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe")
Sleep ( 4500 )
; Double click at 317,73
MouseClick("left", 317, 73, 1)
Send($vWord, 1)
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep ( 7000 )
; Double click at 110,507
MouseClick("left", 110, 507, 1)
Sleep ( 7000 )
; Double click at 385,452
MouseClick("left", 385, 452, 1)
Send($vWord2, 1)
; Double click at 329,557
MouseClick("left", 329, 557, 1)
Send($vWord3, 1)
MouseClick("left", 1014, 712, 13)
<----these functions down repeat----->
Sleep ( 4500 )
MouseClick("left", 544, 704, 1)
Sleep ( 45000 )
MouseClick("left", 1018, 133, 5)
MouseClick("left", 219, 430, 1)
Sleep ( 2500 )
Send($vWord4, 1)
MouseClick("left", 1014, 712, 8)
Sleep ( 4500 )
; Double click at 548,711
MouseClick("left", 545, 690, 1)
Send($vWord4, 1)
<-----finished needs to repeat----->
Endif

I need it to continously repeat those functions 500 times.

Can I set it to only do it 500 times?

I've checked the manual and I can't make heads or tails of it.

Code is a little choppy but it works :D

I am definantly editing the script later but for now it works :huh2:

Edited by Falc0

RK-DemonSpawned

Before I answer your question, I have a note about code and forums. If you don't requrie help with the code that you listed, there is no need to post it. It sounds like you have it all worked out, and need to know how to run some code a specific number of times. I don't actually need to see all the code you wish to repeat, so next time you can leave it out. It works best if you post as small of an example as you can when asking for help. Most people don't like to look at huge amounts of code to solve a fairly basic problem.

I need it to continously repeat those functions 500 times.

A For loops is what you want. See my code below. Also, please read abouto the For loop in the following two sections of the helpfile:

AutoIt: Language Referance: Loop Statements

AutoIt: Keyword/Statement Referance: For...Next

Code example of running something 500 times:

For $i = 1 To 500
  ToolTip("Now on number " & $i, 0, 0)
  Sleep(10)
Next

Think it would be possible to make an autoposter using AutoIt for www.gaiaonline.com

I know it is probably possible but how diffucult do you think it would be?

I have a scrpt which answers my hotmail junkmail if you think it would help

Rick

I have a scrpt which answers my hotmail junkmail if you think it would help

Rick

Hey. Thanks but I got it now. The code requires a little tuning up later on but I got it to continously post in the same topic over and over :D

Thanks anyways though.

RK-DemonSpawned