Automatically executing program

Is there a way to automatically excecute a program once it has been downloaded?

I got inside my house, leant back on my bed and began to think...where the hell was my roof?!?!24 hours in a day....24 beers in a case....Coincidence??

Hi,

you can write a script, thats downloads a file and checks whether it is complete and then starts it.

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

you can write a script, thats downloads a file and checks whether it is complete and then starts it.

So long,

Mega

Would it be in the help file?

I got inside my house, leant back on my bed and began to think...where the hell was my roof?!?!24 hours in a day....24 beers in a case....Coincidence??

Would it be in the help file?

HI,

yeah the needed funcs are all in the helpfile. :whistle: What URL, what file to download?

So long,

Mega

PS: Have a look at InetGet first.

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Basically I'm trying to create a program with Auto It v3 that when users connect to my site, they can download the program and it will run automatically once the download has finished.

The download and executing is easy

$place="Your place.exe"
Inetget("THe url",$place,0,1)
run($place)

THis should work by inetget stops when the downloading is complete and then

run it

My Scripts:Radioblog Club Music DownloaderOther stuff:Fun movieIm serious read the help file it helps :PFight 'Till you drop. Never stop, You Cant give up. Til you reach the top Fight! you’re the best in town Fight!

Basically I'm trying to create a program with Auto It v3 that when users connect to my site, they can download the program and it will run automatically once the download has finished.

Hi,

I don't that this is possible. But you can script a downloader which downloads your script and executes it as mentioned above.

So long,

Mega

You mean like Dialer software or Spyware?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

No.

Ah, O.K. then you mean like a virus, or why do you want to start the program without intervention of the user??

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Why autorun? How hard is it for a user to click open file in Firefox / IE or any browser!

Explain this more. This is very vague...

F@m!ly Guy Fr33k! - Avatar speaks for itself__________________________________________________________________________________________ite quotes... - Is your refrigerator running? If it is, It probably runs like you...very homosexually - Christians don't believe in gravity - Geeze Brian where do you think you are, Payless?- Show me potato Salad!__________________________________________________________________________________________Programs available - Shutdown timer[indent][/indent]

So the user doesn't have to.

Personally, I'd rather have to go through all the trouble of clicking 'Run' or 'Save' versus having some unknown program auto-running and doing who-knows-what

Sorry, even if your intentions are good, someone with bad intentions could take knowledge like this and create a really destructive program

But i don't think it's possible anyway, unless you have another script that the user started that allows the other program to start which is just counter-productive

How can you include something in a file that makes it run, when the file needs to run before the part that causes it to run runs

does that make sense?

does that make sense?

To me it makes sense :whistle:

Cheers

Kurt

I think this thread is dead. It isn't possible and even when it was, nobody would appreciate doing it.

As I mentioned above, if the users have to download often new releases, then build an updater Script, which can download the new file and run it automatically.

So long,

Mega

How can you include something in a file that makes it run, when the file needs to run before the part that causes it to run runs does that make sense?

it makes sense untill you actully read it :whistle: but i know what ur saying

Edited by (^_^)

[center][font="Arial Black"] DESEAN[/font][/center] [center]<<<WOW Fi$her>>>[/center][center]<<<mp3 player>>>[/center]