Going Dim on Dim's?

I'm having problems understanding what my problem is here - maybe I'm just being Dim. In any case, I made this declaration:

Dim $DNSOct[4][4] = [["172","16","96","22"],["172","17","148","21"],["172","16","96","23"],["172","17","148","22"]]

I THOUGHT I was defining a 4x4 array and filling it with those values. I get this error:

"No variable given for "Dim", "Local", "Global" or "Const" statement."

I found some hint that I should be using the beta version of AutoIT. I'm pretty sure that's what I am using.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Chris

I found some hint that I should be using the beta version of AutoIT. I'm pretty sure that's what I am using.

your syntax is correct, however you need the beta version. Please make sure you really used the beta interpreter. Check with this at the beginning of your script:

msgbox(4096,"Version",@AutoItVersion)

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

your syntax is correct, however you need the beta version. Please make sure you really used the beta interpreter. Check with this at the beginning of your script:

msgbox(4096,"Version",@AutoItVersion)

Cheers

Kurt

OK, next dumb question: You were right. I loaded the beta, but it's using v3.1.1.0 (NOT the beta). I can go into HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT on my PC and manually mess with the path that it looks for AutoIT.exe on (add \beta in the middle) and now I get past that error, but was this supposed to have been automagically taken care of when I installed the beta version?

Now that I have gotten past that error I get to this chunk of code:

Func _GetDNSWins()

Local $DNSLine
    Local $InputDNSOct
    Local $XCoord, $YCoord

GUICreate("DNS & WINS Settings", 500, 500)

$YCoord = 5

For $Lines = 1 to 4

$XCoord = 5

$DNSLine = GUICtrlCreateLabel("DNS " & $Lines & ": ", $XCoord, $YCoord, 100, 18)
        $XCoord = $XCoord + 90
        For $X = 1 to 4 
            $InputDNSOct = GUICtrlCreateInput($DNSOct[$Lines][$X], $XCoord, $YCoord, 30, 18, $ES_NUMBER)
            GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 3)
            $Dot = GUICtrlCreateLabel(".", $XCoord + 35, $YCoord, 10, 18)
            $XCoord = $XCoord + 40
        Next
        $YCoord = $YCoord + 30
    Next

$SubmitButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Submit", 215, 450, 70, 20)

GUISetState()
        While 1
            $msg = GUIGetMsg()
            If $msg = $SubmitButton Then ExitLoop
        WEnd

EndFunc

As you can probably tell, I am looking for a more efficient way of laying out a GUI to plug numbers into. This will pre-populate a GUI form with pre-set addresses that the user has the option to change or just accept. What I get is this:

$InputDNSOct = GUICtrlCreateInput($DNSOct[$Lines][$X], $XCoord, $YCoord, 30, 18, $ES_NUMBER)

$InputDNSOct = GUICtrlCreateInput(^ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

This doesn't make sense to me. I understand the words, but at the first pass through the nested loop I should be reading $DNSOct[1][1]. then $DNSOct[1][2], then $DNSOct[1][3], etc, up to $DNSOct[4][4]. Did I miss something here?

Thanks,

-Chris

OK, next dumb question: You were right. I loaded the beta, but it's using v3.1.1.0 (NOT the beta). I can go into HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT on my PC and manually mess with the path that it looks for AutoIT.exe on (add \beta in the middle) and now I get past that error, but was this supposed to have been automagically taken care of when I installed the beta version?

No need to this manually. Running the below script will toggle stable/beta :

%programfiles%\AutoIt3\beta\Extras\Toggle AU3 Beta.au3

Much easier way to do things: Run your scripts from inside the SciTE editor with F5 for Prod (stable), and Alt-F5 for Beta. When you are ready to run it outside the editor, compile it with F7 for Prod and Alt-F7 for Beta.

If you're not using SciTE with AutoIT, you are working way too hard!

:whistle:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law