Menu selection

I was wondering if it was possible to select a specific item in a drop-down menu. The menu randomizes the selections each time the page loads, so I need a way to read the selection order, after that it should be easy to make the right selection. Anyone have some ideas/solutions?

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

The drop down menu is on the web page. I want to make a selection using the script. The page that the menu is on is being refreshed all the time, and with each refresh, the menu items change order.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Sort of a stupid question, but how do you get the examples to run from the help file? It says can't find IE.au3

Edited by mikehunt114

Sort of a stupid question, but how do you get the examples to run from the help file? It says can't find IE.au3

Download the latest beta. It's included.

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

Yes I have the latest beta, but how do you get the examples to run? If I try and run say, _IE_Example, it says it can't find IE.au3. So if I put IE.au3 in the same folder, it gives me another error. Basically I'm asking how to run the examples.

C:\....Desktop\autoit-3.1.1.132\Examples\Helpfile\IE.au3 (311) : ==> "Case" statement with no matching "Select" statement.:

Is what I get when I try and run it.

Edited by mikehunt114

• Moderators

C:\....Desktop\autoit-3.1.1.132\Examples\Helpfile\IE.au3 (311) : ==> "Case" statement with no matching "Select" statement.:

Is what I get when I try and run it.

Work from line number 311 up, and make sure every Select has an EndSelect, every If has an EndIf, every For has a Next, every Switch has an EndSwitch, every Do has an Until, and every While has a WEnd.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.