Running in the background

I was wondering if it's possible to have a script running in the background? Like so I could still use my mouse/keyboard to run other programs while the script is doing it's thing?

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

I was wondering if it's possible to have a script running in the background? Like so I could still use my mouse/keyboard to run other programs while the script is doing it's thing?

No problem at all as long as you don't mess around with the keyboard and the mouse in your script.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I would be using the mouse for sure, and some keyboard commands.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

I would be using the mouse for sure, and some keyboard commands.

O.K. let's get into the details:

1.) What is your script intended for?

2.) What are you doing on the computer while the script runs in the "Background"?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Would you elaborate on that?

Are you not able to use your keyboard/mouse while running your script?

You could also take a look at the ProcessSetPriority function in the help (beta) file.

The script is intended to be used for automating tasks in Internet Explorer, using the mouse and a few keyboard commands. I was wondering if I run the script, and then open other programs, or IE windows and do work on those.

The script is intended to be used for automating tasks in Internet Explorer, using the mouse and a few keyboard commands. I was wondering if I run the script, and then open other programs, or IE windows and do work on those.

Without knowing what tasks you want to automate in IE, you can allways use ControlSend() to send keystrokes to a window (control) that is not currently active. Futhermore you can use the IE automation UDF (IE.au3 - see help file of the latest beta).

Cheers

Kurt