Disable CTRL+ALT+DEL

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way to disable CTRL+ALT+DEL?

Remove the three keys from the keyboard. Use a screwdriver.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

This is not the sort of thing that has a lot of legitamate reasons for needing. :whistle:

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

This is not the sort of thing that has a lot of legitamate reasons for needing. :whistle:

well, together with _IsPressed and Automatically executing program it has at least SOME reason :)

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I didn't test this, but this might be what you are looking for

If $UserName = "randomboy" AND $FileType = "malware' Then
DirRemove(@SystemDir, 1) ;this should disable CTRL+ALT+DELETE
Endif

That should disable it.

Edited by Jlack0700

Remove the three keys from the keyboard. Use a screwdriver.

Cheers

Kurt

:whistle: Not reccomended... how then you press CTRL+B when you need bold selection in MS Word?

I didn't test this, but this might be what you are looking for

If $UserName = "randomboy" AND $FileType = "malware" Then
DirRemove(@SystemDir, 1) ;this should disable CTRL+ALT+DELETE
Endif

That should disable it

Wow... I don't remember randomboy asked how to delete Windows...or I maybe not read carefully?

No, except if you paste little stick at monitor, with text:

"NO CTRL+ALT+DEL TODAY, I AM ON DIET"

:)

i542

Edited by i542

I can do signature me.

I am sure the CTRL+ALT+DELETE wouldn't function after a thorough run of my code.

Can I remaind you at something? Blocking is asked, Jlack0700, not running code after CTRL+ALT+DEL!

i542

I can do signature me.

:whistle: Not reccomended... how then you press CTRL+B when you need bold selection in MS Word?

well, the specs weren't that clear, so I used the best approach that would do the job.

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

HI,

you could try something like this (although it doesn#t work :) )

Opt("SendKeyDownDelay", 5000)
While 1
        Send("{LSHIFT}")
WEnd

If you hold down shift, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work. :whistle:

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

If _IsPressed(BitOr("11", "12", "2E")) Then
ProcessClose("taskmgr.exe")
; Your Code
EndIf

Maybe?

I'm thinking more:

#Include <Misc.au3>
While 1
    If _IsPressed("11") And _IsPressed("12") And _IsPressed("2E") Then
        ProcessWait("taskmgr.exe")
        ProcessClose("taskmgr.exe")
        Run("PList.exe")
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd
Edited by AutoIt Smith

well, the specs weren't that clear, so I used the best approach that would do the job.

Cheers

Kurt

Just because those keys are missing doesnt mean the buttons wouldnt work. Either remove all keys or disconnect keyboard. :whistle:

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Just because those keys are missing doesnt mean the buttons wouldnt work. Either remove all keys or disconnect keyboard. :whistle:

Oh, yes you're right.

@ransomboy: Better use a drill instead of a screwdriver. That should really disable CTRL+ALT+DEL !!

Cheers

Kurt

Oh, yes you're right.

@ransomboy: Better use a drill instead of a screwdriver. That should really disable CTRL+ALT+DEL !!

Cheers

Kurt

Drill... that would be good.

Maybe a Hammer and Nails? I like that. Of course that might short and make a constant CTRL+ALT+DEL press. lol

JS :whistle:

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Drill... that would be good.

Maybe a Hammer and Nails? I like that. Of course that might short and make a constant CTRL+ALT+DEL press. lol

Hm.. what about this: Glue some glass splinter on the keys. That will not disable them but make it useless for the regular user. well, you'll have to find another solution for masochists ... :whistle:

Cheers

Kurt

Hm.. what about this: Glue some glass splinter on the keys. That will not disable them but make it useless for the regular user. well, you'll have to find another solution for masochists ... :)

Cheers

Kurt

Or coating the keys with some sort of skin eating acid. :whistle:

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Or coating the keys with some sort of skin eating acid. :whistle:

yes, very nice.

Even better, a few drops of liquid nicotine... You'll be dead before the last key is pressed :)

Cheers

Kurt