Need help with _IEFormElementCheckBoxSelect

Hi,

I am having trouble trying to use _IEFormElementCheckBoxSelect, which I think is the correct function I should be using to select/un-select a box on this page

Here's the code that I am using to try and un-tick the box

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($o_IE,"f-listingsSearchForm")
    _IEFormElementCheckBoxSelect ($oForm, "serviceArea", "", 0, "byValue")

The error message I get is

--> IE.au3 Error from function _IEFormElementGetValue, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType
:whistle:

Thanks

VW

• Moderators

This one was a little more difficult that most.

#include <IE.au3>

$sURL = "http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/listingsSearch.do?businessType=travel" & _
        "&businessName=&bookId=1&headingCode=24740&locationClue=sydney&ul.longitude=&ul." & _
        "latitude=&ul.streetNumber=&ul.street=&ul.suburb=&regionId=&region=australia&showAllAdPoints" & _
        "=false&lruPageNumber=1&familyId=&suburbPostcode=&pageNumber=1&serviceAreaModifiedByUser=true" & _
        "&sortBy=mostInfo&userFreeFormAddress=Street+Number+%26+Name&userSuburb=Suburb%2C+Town%2C+City%2C+" & _
        "State&userState=Select+State+---%3E&refineLocationSearch=false&stateId=1&areaId=1054&localityId=&adPs=&adPs=&adPs=&adPs=&adPs=&rankType=1"
$oIE = _IECreate ($sURL, 1)

$oCheckBox = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "serviceArea")

If Not $oCheckBox.checked Then
    $oCheckBox.checked = True
    $oCheckBox.fireEvent ("onclick")
EndIf

This one was a little more difficult that most.

$oCheckBox = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "serviceArea")

If Not $oCheckBox.checked Then

EndIf[/autoit]

Hi Big_Daddy,

Thanks for your help, I spent sometime trying to get this to work before I posted.

Your logic to check whether the CheckBox was checked or not works great, which was what I was stuck on.

For some reason the

would not check the box for me, but this statement worked instead

_IEAction($oCheckBox,"click")

Thanks

VW

• Moderators

Hi Big_Daddy,

Thanks for your help, I spent sometime trying to get this to work before I posted.

Your logic to check whether the CheckBox was checked or not works great, which was what I was stuck on.

For some reason the

would not check the box for me, but this statement worked instead

_IEAction($oCheckBox,"click")

Thanks

VW

That line does not check the box, it actually fires the onclick event for the checkbox.

This line checks the box:

Interesting... This was designed to work such that the following three lines would have done the trick:

$oIE = _IECreate($url)
$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "f-ListingsSearchForm")
_IEFormElementCheckBoxSelect($oForm, "on")

_IEFormElementCheckBoxSelect will check the box and will trigger the commonly used onchange event for the element. Unfortunately, this page is coded to use the onclick event to trigger the action instead of onchange. I may want to trigger both onchange and onclick events for this function (and the related ones)... I'll give this some thought.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• Moderators

Interesting... This was designed to work such that the following three lines would have done the trick:

$oIE = _IECreate($url)
$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "f-ListingsSearchForm")
_IEFormElementCheckBoxSelect($oForm, "on")

_IEFormElementCheckBoxSelect will check the box and will trigger the commonly used onchange event for the element. Unfortunately, this page is coded to use the onclick event to trigger the action instead of onchange. I may want to trigger both onchange and onclick events for this function (and the related ones)... I'll give this some thought.

Dale

This one threw me for a few minutes. I actually had to look at the code for _IEFormElementCheckBoxSelect to see why it wasn't working. I just happened to notice the onchange/onclick difference.

This one threw me for a few minutes. I actually had to look at the code for _IEFormElementCheckBoxSelect to see why it wasn't working. I just happened to notice the onchange/onclick difference.

I should have given you kudos on your solution. I really appreciate the investment you've made in understanding the library and providing support.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble