GUICtrlCreate-SomethingerOther...

I am writing a script that has this line in it:

$Status1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($Message1, 500, 24, 400, 470, BitOr($SS_SUNKEN, $SS_LEFT))

Later I update $Message1, like so:

$Message1 = $Message1 & "You need to select a native command or clear the checkbox and type one in." & @LF

GUICtrlSetData($Status1, $Message1)

And the schnazzy little status window updates. The problem is that I don't see a way to create a window with a scroll bar, so as these status messages build up they fall off the end of the window and I can't look at them.

I also tried replacing GUICtrlCreateLabel with GUICtrlCreateEdit, like so:

$Status1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit($Message1, 500, 24, 400, 470, BitOR($ES_READONLY, $ES_LEFT, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL))

But that didn't do me any good. Can anyone suggest a function that I could use that would give me a scrollbar vertically so I could go back and look through these messages?

Thanks,

-Chris

Edited by AramisResearch

And another very bizarre behaviour - one that may be a glitch in AutoIt:

When I first wrote this with the GUICtrlCreateLabel, as listed in the last post, my @LF's registered properly as line-feeds and all was well (except for the lack of scrolling, per the post above).

As I also mentioned, I changed the CreateLabel to a CreateEdit. All my @LF's started to show up as little square widgets in the window. It still wrapped so didn't notice right away.

But just now I swapped lines back in (commented the CreateEdit and whacked the ; from the CreateLabel line) and now all my @LF's are showing as square widgets again. I didn't change the line at all.

Maybe this is a bug? Or maybe I missed something? I didn't change anything else.

Thanks,

-Chris