ListBox1 with multiple columns?

Is there a way i can read the text from a ListBox1 from a column other than the first?

Using GuiList.au3 i'm able to read the first column, unfortunately my app puts a single space in the first column of every item in this listbox. I can't figure out a way to read the text from the other columns.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

sure, its called the helpfile!

_GuiCtrlListViewGetItemTextArray

learn to research

Ah well thank you for being rude. I hadn't had my fair share today and was begining to think i might be entitled to some respect.

Actually, i did extensivly read through the help file, and i went through the au3 file itself, though i didn't see this. Do you know which Beta version this first appeared in? I thought i had the latest but maybe not.

Thanks,

Quasar

Ah well thank you for being rude. I hadn't had my fair share today and was begining to think i might be entitled to some respect.

Actually, i did extensivly read through the help file, and i went through the au3 file itself, though i didn't see this. Do you know which Beta version this first appeared in? I thought i had the latest but maybe not.

Thanks,

Quasar

Ah nevermind, i see the problem this is for the ListView control. I need to do this for the ListBox control (see my original message - the class name is ListBox1. The GuiList.au3 does not seem to contain an equivalent function. Of course, a ListBox's columns are much different than a ListView's columns..

Any ideas? I assume it must be possible.. it just doesn't seem to be in written yet :whistle:

Thanks!

Quasar

Is there a way i can read the text from a ListBox1 from a column other than the first?

Using GuiList.au3 i'm able to read the first column, unfortunately my app puts a single space in the first column of every item in this listbox. I can't figure out a way to read the text from the other columns.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Can you post your code?

Can you post your code?

Well.. i don't have any code yet :)

I just need a function that can read from a ListBox.

I've go an application which has some data listed in a ListBox.. but when i use _GUICtrlListGetText() on it, i get " " for every entry. So it looks like they have put a space in the first column and then all of the real data in the rest of the columns.

Please note that this is a ListBox, and not a ListView.

All of the other functions work properly.. i can add to it, delete from it, get it's count, move the index around, etc.. but all i need is the text from the other columns.

Right now i'm just sending a Control+C to it, which copys the entire line with each column seperated by tabs, then breaking that up to get the first visible column (the one i need), which works fine, but it'd prefer a "better" way :whistle:

Well.. i don't have any code yet :whistle:

I've go an application which has some data listed in a ListBox.. but when i use _GUICtrlListGetText() on it, i get " " for every entry. So it looks like they have put a space in the first column and then all of the real data in the rest of the columns.

Are you sure you're using _GUICtrlListGetText correctly? Is it erroring out?

I have to ask because you didn't post any code. (For external apps you need the Control's Handle, not a Control ID/ClassNameNN)

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

Are you sure you're using _GUICtrlListGetText correctly? Is it erroring out?

I have to ask because you didn't post any code. (For external apps you need the Control's Handle, not a Control ID/ClassNameNN)

Yeah, before i was using the Control ID (the comment in the file says ControlID) but i saw on here somehwere that i should be using the handle, so i tried that.. before it was erroring out, but now it just returns a single space. What *should* it return for an item in a ListBox with multiple columns?

I'll find the exact code snippet i had, but this is basically what it did..

Yeah, before i was using the Control ID (the comment in the file says ControlID) but i saw on here somehwere that i should be using the handle, so i tried that.. before it was erroring out, but now it just returns a single space. What *should* it return for an item in a ListBox with multiple columns?

I'll find the exact code snippet i had, but this is basically what it did..

The GuiList.au3 functions is for a single column ListBox, hadn't had the time nor the inclination to work with multiple columns in a ListBox.

Might try googling for it.

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

The GuiList.au3 functions is for a single column ListBox, hadn't had the time nor the inclination to work with multiple columns in a ListBox.

Might try googling for it.

Gary

Thanks Gary.

For now i'll just stick to using copy/paste to get at the values. Not the best, but works, so..