open IE page

Sorry I am really new here and have just started looking at autoit so please dont hate me if this extreamly simple or obvious. I am simply try to open internet explorer to a specific page that kicks off a download of an active-x control when accepted. I can run ie and it pops up but dont seem to be able to add the correct url.

Thanks

Sgt

• Moderators

Sorry I am really new here and have just started looking at autoit so please dont hate me if this extreamly simple or obvious. I am simply try to open internet explorer to a specific page that kicks off a download of an active-x control when accepted. I can run ie and it pops up but dont seem to be able to add the correct url.

Thanks

Sgt

Download and install the beta version (link in my signature), then look in the help file for the _IE*** functions.

Using IE.au3 is perfect for for IE related functions.

$o_object = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")
 If IsObj($o_object) Then
      $o_object.visible = 1
      $o_object.navigate ("about:blank")
      $o_object.navigate ("http://www.google.com/")
EndIf
oÝ÷ Ù.q©ÚÊ#ºËn±ëay§~éܶ*'jëh×6
Run("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe http://www.google.com/")

• Moderators

@John - The code you posted has nothing to do with IE.au3.

@sgtdrpepper - I still suggest looking at the help file, Dale has provided some great example scripts for each function. If you still have questions after looking at those feel free to ask.

LOL.... So make sure you always correct me :) . How did you arrive at the conclusion that what I wrote was supposed to have anything to do with IE.au3? I only pointed out that IE.au3 functions would work better than my simplistic code snippets. Actually every line of the code snippet was in the last (not the latest) version of IE.au3. What I give was overly simplistic but working code segment.

You also took exception to my post here http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30352#

Bob I always hated coming here to research a problem and seeing my problem posted by other peaple but the answers were so shortchanged or pointed to UDFs with the attitude that was "THE" answer.

So you claim in the above link that _IELoadWaitTimeout() is the answer but a simplistic code segment that works and actually says something about how autoit works (however small) is misguided and accuse me of "not doing my homework". I do ALL my own homework instead of living off the slow function calls to other peaples UDF include files. So tell me how usefull IE.au3 is to a guy than can get what he wants from Run()? Often in my researching I wish peaple with your answers would sometimes just go away, but that didn't make you wrong or lazy etc. So :whistle: me...

@John - The code you posted has nothing to do with IE.au3.

@sgtdrpepper - I still suggest looking at the help file, Dale has provided some great example scripts for each function. If you still have questions after looking at those feel free to ask.

Edited by John

• Moderators

LOL.... So make sure you always correct me :) . How did you arrive at the conclusion that what I wrote was supposed to have anything to do with IE.au3? I only pointed out that IE.au3 functions would work better than my simplistic code snippets.

Sorry you took my criticism the wrong way. My conclusion was based off your statement above the code which did not specify otherwise.

Actually every line of the code snippet was in the last (not the latest) version of IE.au3. What I give was overly simplistic but working code segment.

It is true that it would work in most cases, but what about unforeseen errors which Dales UDFs checks for.

Bob I always hated coming here to research a problem and seeing my problem posted by other peaple but the answers were so shortchanged or pointed to UDFs with the attitude that was "THE" answer.

I never said that it was "THE" answer, but I do believe it is the best answer for this situation.

So you claim in the above link that _IELoadWaitTimeout() is the answer but a simplistic code segment that works and actually says something about how autoit works (however small) is misguided and accuse me of "not doing my homework". I do ALL my own homework instead of living off the slow function calls to other peaples UDF include files.

Like I said before, I would much rather use a slower function that works every time, rather than a faster one that may work in a perfect environment.

So tell me how usefull IE.au3 is to a guy than can get what he wants from Run()?

Nine times out of ten when people realize the power of the IE Library they will use it for more than just opening a page.

Often in my researching I wish peaple with your answers would sometimes just go away, but that didn't make you wrong or lazy etc. So :whistle: me...

If you take a look at my posts in the support forum most of them have to do with answering IE related questions. I have spent many hours researching solutions and trying to provide the best support to my ability. With that said I'm not sure what you mean by people with my answers?