Zipping files .

I have this but it just opens the dos box and stops .

Run(@ComSpec & " /7z a -tzip archive.zip bat2\*")

They show in their help .

a (Add) command
Adds files to archive.

Examples
7z a -tzip archive.zip subdir\*

adds all files from directory subdir to archive archive.zip.

7z a -tzip Files.zip "Program files\*" -r

adds all files from directory Program to archive Files.zip.

So what do I have wrong that you can see ?

I don't think you need the slash in front of the program call. You'd only need that if you specified the /c option, in which case it would read

Rune(@ComSpec & " /c  7z.....")

Edit:You might also need to specify the full path to the program if it's not where your command interperter is located. If you're including it with FileInclude, just use @ScriptDir plus the leading backslash to the program path.

Edit2:Along the same lines, you might also have to give it a more complete path to the folders and archive you wish to use (although check with the program's manual, since I've never used this 7z app.)

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I think it might be better if I just use a bat to do it as I can get that to work just fine .

7z u archive.zip bat2\*.bat

I just have to have a copy of the 7z command line exe in the same folder as the bat file .

I found that my 7z.exe from my xp computer would not work in my windows 2000 server ? when I copyed over it with the windows 2000 server 7z.exe then it worked .

So I wouldnt be able to use the 7z.exe in someone elses computer .

edit

7z has the best compression , it's the only one I will use ..

http://www.7-zip.org/

Edited by bobheart

Thanks I've been looking for a command line zip

Winzip has a command line set of tools that you can install.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.