tcp by internet

i already know that man -.-

but the others said i had to use my external ip

(look at my join date, i aint some noob)

if i use my internal IP the program aint working over the net.

even tho i don't use a firewall and my ports are routed nicely

You know it, but you apparently don't understand it. That's the way TCP/IP works, no matter if you're a noob or not! Good luck anyway ....

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have proven yourself more of a noob then others by not accepting what we have said. Set $IP to @IpAddress1 and connect to 192.168.1.5

If that does not work set $IP to 192.168.1.5 and connect to 192.168.1.5

You are inside a network, you cannot connect to a network, which you ARE PART of.

If all else fails then try 127.0.0.1.

Otherwise I cannot help you. I have told you what to do.

Look at my TCP Made Easy functions, specifically TCPStartServer.

It starts on @IPAddress1. Depending if you are on a network(cable/dsl modems, routers, LAN networks) you will need to connect to the NETWORK IPADDRESS. Yours is 192.168.1.5.

However if you have no network, or a modem that does not filter connections (dialup is good) then you need to connect to your public IPAddress according to _GetIP or http://www.whatismyip.org/

If you do not understand this, save this as a text file and read it everyday because I cannot, nor can anyone else state it in cleaner, plainer english than what /dev/null and I have already said. This is how it works, many people have gotten it too work. I had a similar problem when I started out. I figured it out thruogh time. You may not be a noob to AutoIt, but you are to TCP/IP and I suggest you not tell us you are doing it right unless you know what you are talking about.

[end rant]

I do apologize for being harsh, but this is a simple matter. This is the solution according to the information given.

Thank you for supporting the AutoIt community,

AutoIt Smith

sorry for being STUPID, but if u remeber correcly I ALREADY TRYED ALL THAT!!

i routed the ports, listened on my network adress and my localhost.

but it doesn't work. i aint making a topic for noting u know -.-

its just that it DOESN't work on the net exept for vpn.

u know what, just get lost. i'll figure it out. calling me a noob instead of just reading nicely what i wrote in the beginning.

i'f seen ur chatting program man, if seen it when it was build. how do you think i'f learned most of my autoit skills anyway ?? reading manuals ?? no i learn from scripts like u write...

see ya

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

its just that it DOESN't work on the net exept for vpn.

That's a clear sign you misconfigured your firewall regarding the "port forwarding"! Have a look at http://portforward.com/

BTW: Listening on localhost is completely useless if you want to connect to the service via the network!

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

i know howto forward a port mate, i had todo that for azureas already.

i opened port 6881 for that, but since i don't use azureus lately, i am using the port to test my program, so its open on TCP and UDP

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

i know howto forward a port mate, i had todo that for azureas already.

well as it seems you know it all, there is apparently no need to help you anymore. As I said: good luck anyway...

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

I am sorry if you feel offended. But as we say, that is the exact solution. If azureus works, then so should AutoIt.

As dev has said:

well as it seems you know it all, there is apparently no need to help you anymore

Good luck anyways my friend.

just checked it agian, just for u guys.

if i do the azureus NAT test on port 6881, it says its OK

soo why isn't autoit working on the net, where the coding and the filewall and the router are just fine -.-

where the coding and the filewall and the router are just fine -.-

wrong assumption!

Kurt

sure u did, well its strange then.

i have just tryed it with testing subject nr 6 and it worked straight away :whistle:

Are you check your router config about NAT?

You said .you had open the port (port mapping?)..

But it is just for data in..

When you send out your data..The router NAT will change the port ..

I am not sure that is your question....^^"

-Everything are starting by the dreams.-Everybody is working with computer.-Everydays will auto because we need it. Come on..Let's doing...AUTOIT....^^"..just a little idea..a little A.D.

Are you check your router config about NAT?

You said .you had open the port (port mapping?)..

But it is just for data in..

When you send out your data..The router NAT will change the port ..

I am not sure that is your question....^^"

This problem has already been solved.

well since the topic is here anyways, any ideas how i can speed up the file transfer ?? If tryed to increase tha packed size (i rewrote the packed making code, so i don't have that case stuff anymore)

but that doesn't seem to work, any ideas ?

Most file-sending methods are slow and based on the amount of lines you have in the file to send. I suggest getting more research into it, using ftp, or other such things. This is one reason why AutoIt-ITS does not support file transfer yet. It is unstable.