GUI controls randomly misplace on form when running the script

I was just about finishing up a project of my script with GUI completed with labels, textboxes, and one button and I started to noticed that every time I pressed ALT+F5 keys to beta run the script - the GUI appeared but all the labels and controls bunched up into one place like it was stacked neatly top of each others...sometimes at top far right corner of GUI form.

When I added some bit more codes ran the script again, the GUI's controls are back to original position. Why is it doing that once awhile I added bit of codes and it does it again like it was at random? Is this a bug already existed that I dont know about? Or a work-around solution to this problem?

This also happened in compiled .exe as I was showing off my project to my friend and seeing that GUI is working fine then exited program. Next time he ran it again, it bunched up the controls again! I was embarrassed by this.

Blackstar

I was just about finishing up a project of my script with GUI completed with labels, textboxes, and one button and I started to noticed that every time I pressed ALT+F5 keys to beta run the script - the GUI appeared but all the labels and controls bunched up into one place like it was stacked neatly top of each others...sometimes at top far right corner of GUI form.

When I added some bit more codes ran the script again, the GUI's controls are back to original position. Why is it doing that once awhile I added bit of codes and it does it again like it was at random? Is this a bug already existed that I dont know about? Or a work-around solution to this problem?

This also happened in compiled .exe as I was showing off my project to my friend and seeing that GUI is working fine then exited program. Next time he ran it again, it bunched up the controls again! I was embarrassed by this.

Blackstar

Well i like trying to guess whats wrong based on your description, but if we could see your code... :whistle:

Sorry, I cant post the code here.

I assumed this must be a bug on GUI part...

It might be, but without a code no one could say for sure

Is there a particular reason why you can't?

got personal information?

Ancient Chinese coding secrets?

Is it so great that no one else here could replicate it, and therefore would be inclined to steal it?

Or is it Malware that you don't want to be made public till you finish it?

What is it?

Actually, yes! I have had this problem on several occasions, only with me it occurred when compiling my script through the startmenu -> "Compile (beta) Script to .exe". Very strange indeed...

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually, yes! I have had this problem on several occasions, only with me it occurred when compiling my script through the startmenu -> "Compile (beta) Script to .exe". Very strange indeed...

Never had that problem, and I always compile via SciTE, Alt+F7

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Moderators

Sorry, I cant post the code here.

I assumed this must be a bug on GUI part...

That's like going to the ER for a heart attack and end up getting brain surgery instead... Lack of information results in a poor outcome.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Never had that problem, and I always compile via SciTE, Alt+F7

I did used Alt + F7 and had that same effect.

One thing I noticed that its seemed working fine (so far) is do GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) right after the line of GUICreate and once it initialized all those controls, labels etc then do GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) before the While| Wend loop

Blackstar

I did used Alt + F7 and had that same effect.

One thing I noticed that its seemed working fine (so far) is do GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) right after the line of GUICreate and once it initialized all those controls, labels etc then do GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) before the While| Wend loop

Blackstar

If we knew what line you we talking about... :whistle::)

Sorry, but i lent my friend my mind-reading crystal ball and case of assumptions.

Why do noobs insist on not posting their code? I mean, has ANYTHING bad EVER happened because someone posted a code, that wouldn't have happened had they not?

• Moderators

If we knew what line you we talking about... :whistle::)

Sorry, but i lent my friend my mind-reading crystal ball and case of assumptions.

Why do noobs insist on not posting their code? I mean, has ANYTHING bad EVER happened because someone posted a code, that wouldn't have happened had they not?

Depends on whether you think that waiting 2 weeks for the correct answer without providing the code is bad or not.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

sorry my Crystal Ball is out of comission at this time, but here's the blue print to make your own

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/gafrost/CrystalBall2.PNG

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Moderators

sorry my Crystal Ball is out of comission at this time, but here's the blue print to make your own

:whistle: (God I wish there was a :ROFLMFAO: , because that's litterally what I'm doing )

Edit:

had to plug the keyboard back in and fix typos from rolling :) !!

Edited by SmOke_N