ShiftControlSend()

pekster

Note: Project name changed to ControlSendPlus due to the changes in version 2. As of this modified post, the current version is 2.0.3.

Larry suggested a UDF to properly send the shift state using ControlSend(), and here is a function that does that. It works with all the number keys (!, @, #, etc), and characters on the main keyboard. The only difference between the paramaters of ControlSend and ShiftControlSend is that my UDF requires the flag, even if it is 0. Currently, I can't create an optional paramater. As of version 2.0, there are 3 new flag modes added. Please read the included readme file.

One small note about it: it does change the global shift state as a workaround, so if you are typing in another window when ShiftControlSend is also sending, your shift states will overlap. This is also true of the control and/or alt keys using flag modes 2 through 4.

You may download the latest zip off of my FTP link. If you are asked for a password and/ or user, the user is "Scripting" (no quotes, case sensitive) and there is no password (so you may enter whatever you want, including nothing.) If the server is down, just try again later. You are also only allowed 2 concurrent connections, so if you get a user limit error, just wait 2 minutes for your exisiting log-ins to expire.

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Edit: The information below is outdated, and no longer applies to version 2.0 and up.

Upon further testing, I see that this function will not handle the special characters like {ENTER}, {LEFT}, and the like because it reads only one character at a time. To use enter for the time being, send @LF. The only way I see to detect the special characters would to make a large array of them, parse them out, and handle them as a whole rather than char by char. I'm working on an implimentation of this, and I'll post an updated version when I get it working.

Minor edit to the first paragraph

Edit2: It might be a little bit before I get it working. There's quite a bit to test for, since you can use forms like "+{ENTER}" and "{ASC ####}" that require very unique testing.

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

New version 2.0 of ControlSendPlus (see top post for info on the name change) is avaiable at the listed link. This version is fully compatable with the key modifier characters such as "!", "^", and "+", as well as the special characters such as "{UP}" and "{ENTER}". It can even handle something like "^!{ENTER}".

Wow, a quadruple post :D

Several minor version change have occured, and I am posting this only to call attention to a bug that affects version 2.0.1 and below. Any pre-2.0.2 version will give a dimension range error when using raw mode (flag 1.) Version 2.0.3 also adds in a return value to match the original ControlSend function. See the version history in the readme for more information.

• 5 years later...

I am not able to download the zip file

Can you provide me some other location.

Thanks in advance!!

Note: Project name changed to ControlSendPlus due to the changes in version 2. As of this modified post, the current version is 2.0.3.

Larry suggested a UDF to properly send the shift state using ControlSend(), and here is a function that does that. It works with all the number keys (!, @, #, etc), and characters on the main keyboard. The only difference between the paramaters of ControlSend and ShiftControlSend is that my UDF requires the flag, even if it is 0. Currently, I can't create an optional paramater. As of version 2.0, there are 3 new flag modes added. Please read the included readme file.

One small note about it: it does change the global shift state as a workaround, so if you are typing in another window when ShiftControlSend is also sending, your shift states will overlap. This is also true of the control and/or alt keys using flag modes 2 through 4.

You may download the latest zip off of my FTP link. If you are asked for a password and/ or user, the user is "Scripting" (no quotes, case sensitive) and there is no password (so you may enter whatever you want, including nothing.) If the server is down, just try again later. You are also only allowed 2 concurrent connections, so if you get a user limit error, just wait 2 minutes for your exisiting log-ins to expire.

• Moderators

rahoolm,

Have you seen the date on the post above yours? :)

Hardly surprising that the download is not there any more after nearly 6 years! :idea:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area